Qobuz Family Accounts are here!

What rules this out for me is the requirement that the family members need to be under the same roof. Not sure how this is enforced - perhaps by ip address?

1 Like

It’s actually fiddly to find the UK prices without committing to sign-up on their web page as if goes to US pricing all the time for me - I’m currently being charged £19.99/month.

I can understand Apple taking a cut as their App Stores host these companies Apps, but 30% seems excessive when it’s passed on to the customer.

Yes, that’s an odd one isn’t it - younger children at home with you probably wouldn’t use the family features much. Older ones who would benefit most may have left home.

Yep well that is certainly the case for me although we have one captive ‘child’ here at the moment…

Qobuz have confirmed that all 6 users can stream concurrently… just to squash that doubt in anyone’s mind!

2 Likes

OK, leaving aside the value proposition, I am more interested in seeing how Naim could integrate a Qobuz family account into their ecosystem, the first question being:

1. Currently, do the Qobuz login credentials reside on the streamer (in my case an Atom), or within the app on the control device?

and the natural second question being:

1. What would it take to enable each control device (phone or tablet) to associate with different Qobuz logins, depending on who owned the device?

My ideal scenario would be for each family member to be able to take control of the Atom with their phone/tablet and stream their own Qobuz content with the Atom…

I will add a feature request to consider the above functionality, but would be interested to hear any thoughts…

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.