Qobuz not responding via Naim app

luckily I have a lot of music on the uniti core. for now let’s wait to see what happens. we hope to resolve soon :smile:

1 Like

It’s not just me then…same issues, bizarrely no radio paradise either, but others seem to work (nova)

1 Like

But I’m assuming the expiry of the certificate was not a surprise to Qobuz and/or Naim?

Just stopped working for me.

The certificate isn’t supposed to expire until next year.

Same issue here. Qobuz not working in NAIM ND5 XS2. It works thru chromecast. No issue with Qobuz account. I can see Qobuz catalog but when I “press” play the song icon goes blank. I updated Qobuz APP in the iPAD and as I supposed nothing changed. Think Qobuz changes some backend APIs and the APP in the Naim devices needs for modification.

Ah, glad it is not just me with the same issue with Qobuz to my NDX2. Should of looked on the forum an hour ago, oh dear…

I am thinking of possibly getting Roon set up. Can anyone tell me how this service reportedly increases sound quality on Qobuz and Tidal rather than just direct through Naim app please.

I found Qobuz to be fractionally better direct on NDX2 than from Roon. That said, found ripped and downloaded material better from SSD on NUC than NAS.

1 Like

I have same problem on NDX2 this morning. Qobuz is not working. I am able to play files from Uniticore hard drive.

Hey all. Its not just my Naim streamer thats not working. I just tried it on my AVM CS unit and that is down as well. I am surprised that there isn’t more internet noise about this with it affecting more than just one manufacturer. Just like the rest of you its absolutely fine if I use anything other than the embedded software in the streamers.

Me too . It was fine 2 days ago. Does that mean we haven’t got access to 24 bit streaming if it is done by chrome cast - is that just cd quality ?. Any idea how to resolve . I have and NDX2 and all firmware is up to date

Good afternoon all , I also have similar issue today with my ND5Xs2 , in that Qobuz will not play via the Naim app. Going directly to Qobuz app my sign in credentials are fine and it plays fine.
Tried app reset and ND5 Xs2 reset ,but no joy unfortunately.
Hopefully a resolution soon.

Aint forums great. Thanks for the feedback and update !!

For what it’s worth going to attempt to explain what’s happening.

Don’t work for Naim but do work on software and basically what this means is that a “key” to unlock secure communication with Qobuz from outside their own systems is broken.

As Steve says, this is not a Naim problem. Qobuz will need to fix it. It’s an easy fix so no reason this think they won’t do it soon during the work week.

It’s good that Naim uses this as it ensures no one can hack into the communication between the streamer and Qobuz.

Any systems not using secure communication to Qobuz may still work. But that’s actually bad practice from their side and not something they do better. In fact it is worse.

Qobuz will use its own communication with its own system so will not suffer from this. So chromecast works as it installs a Qobuz application as a person will install the Qobuz app on a smartphone. This remains secure and safe.

No amount of resetting on the Naim will fix this. Only the developers at Qobuz can.

1 Like

And what should be happening on the qobuz IT systems is alerting the support team of an infrastructure failure. And resolution of that alert should happen quickly, regardless of the day of the week. Or am I assuming their support system is that sophisticated and they have 24/7 cover in place?

3 Likes

Exactly, poor show really

1 Like

Yup. It is kinda odd that there is not 24/7 support. Issuing and installing a new certificate takes a few minutes.

I absolutely agree.

It seems that they (read Qobuz) are fine taking our money but are to stingy to provide proper IT support.

In this day and age, especially during the Covid-19 lock-down with subsequent remote working, any decent company has implemented 24/7 IT support.

1 Like

I’ve just started a months trial of Qobuz, mainly to try it on MconnectHD into my Superuniti and NDX, I also have 6 Sonos zones around the house and Qobuz will only play about 30secs of any track and then skip to the next in the queue, that’s on Sonos, I’ve yet to try the legacy streamers. Disappointing so far…unless it’s a problem with my equipment. Tidal and Spotify playing perfectly though.

If you are getting 30 secs of tracks… your not signed in properly…that happened to me. Turns out I hadn’t paid… or my trial had ended.