Qobuz Studio reduction in price

Jazz has traditionally done better commercially in Europe and Japan than in the US.

I’ve seen Chick Corea twice at the venue I mentioned. Both times I paid $75/seat, where normally tickets for that venue are about $40.

That solves nothing. I rather support the artist by attending concerts and buying music. While I do use Qobuz, I also still buy a significant amount of records. I just got a double LP of Charles Lloyd on ECM today.

Instead of waiting until tomorrow I went ahead and signed up for Qobuz this evening. It took just a couple of minutes and was able to sign on to the Naim App immediately. I had played the album ‘Atmospheres’ from Tigran Hamasyan yesterday and really enjoyed it. So I searched on on Qobuz and it is available in HiRes Audio and started it up. First track and the quality in the sound is noticed immediately.

So its going to be a fun month with the free trial and sure I will be switching if the this continues. As mentioned by others above, it is less expensive then TIDAL which was $19.99 a month and the Qobuz is $14.99 a month. So what’s not to like if it saves a few dollars a month and sounds better.

Worth the wait for the app update and the timing was excellent with Qobuz just recently making its debut in the US.

7 Likes

It’s £249.99 for the year. So that’s an extra £100 for the cheaper hi-res dowloads.

Yup - just like Google!

And a shame… I just can’t enjoy jazz in a large concert hall except the possible exception of big band and BDB concerts.
Most jazz for me needs to be in smaller more initiate settings for the connection and feel to work.

1 Like

Exactly and for that price you have true hidef PCM with Qobuz that you can enjoy on your non legacy Naim streamer where available (up to 192/24) which Tidal doesn’t… it really is great news for music lovers.
Mind you there is a good chance that Tidal will follow suite with a price drop.

1 Like

I imagine they will drop, to be competitive. The time for over charging for flac and lossless has come to an end ( I hope)

1 Like

If I wanted to do the month’s free trial then sign up at the annual price of £149.99, am I right in thinking I’d have to sign up initially fo the montly payment option? Be useful if you could then swap over to annual payment after the free month, but guess I can just cancel the free trial and then pay for the year. No big deal. Think I’ll give it a go and see how many of my Tidal favourites I can get on Qobuz.

Hi

I signed up for full year at £149 and got 2 months ‘free’

It started straight away so no free trial.
My confirmation does say it will renew 21/02/21 at £149. Time will tell :flushed:

At an extra £100 I did not think it was worth it for cheaper downloads.
That said I then went on too spend £40 on them and could have saved around £20. Still they were hires Peter Gabriel and were on special offer in any case and had only added them to my ‘collection’ through Ronn from Tidal which I will probably cancel. The hip hop/rap slant was not to my taste.

CK

Ouch! I think this may be one of those funny occasions (maybe Roon too) that if you enjoy and sign up during the trial your billing period starts straight away and you lose remaining trial time which is a little annoying.

That is my second recent ouch !

Ended up paying the $699 Roon as well :flushed:

CK

1 Like

Two ouch make an eureka. Qobuz and Roon are a pleasure to use, and even better with hires at the new price… :star_struck:

I spoke to them about a problem I had when using my A&K with Qobuz. After sorting the problem out he asked me whether or not I had had the email telling me about the drop in price. I checked in front of him and it had just come through!

Seems to be a UK offer only. UK vpn gives £14.99 offer. French VPN gives a wonderful rate of €24.99.

In relation to the extra 10 million tracks I feel a lot of these are dross as outlined here.

I’m currently on the Tidal €5 offer (for 5 months standard and 2.5 months CD quality). When this ends I’ll just see which service offers the best price at the time. I’m in love with neither of them.

.sjb

very happy with the reduction in monthly fee
great sound as well after the integration

goodbye tidal with the MQA I cant use

I’m all for choice… I just wish Tidal would do lossless hidef … and then one could properly compare with Qobuz.
Hidef really does makes a worthwhile difference nearly every time over the legacy format of CD (44.1/16), even if it’s only 44.1/24

4 Likes

This is perhaps system or more likely ear dependent, I cannot tell the difference in a blind test at all between 24/96 and CD never mind 24/44.

.sjb

2 Likes

Wow… you are always welcome to visit… on my system 44.1/16 and 96/24 are very different… and you can directly compare.
To be fair if the master has been decimated down to 44.1/16 for CD distribution there will be rounding and resembling errors which will detract as well.

Thanks for the offer but I fear change of venue won’t impact on my hearing abilities!

.sjb