Question for Herman Miller Eames chair owners

Thanks. What brand is this

Thanks for sharing

1 Like

Very interesting look, but nowhere I can try from where I live

Yes I will try to sit on it more in this week. Thanks for sharing

Stressless. Ours are the “Admiral”.

1 Like

i just searched it, there’s -are 2 stores carry them close to where I live. I will go try it out in this week.
What’s the biggest difference you find in comfort between admiral and Eams ?

I found that the Eames was too “reclined” for my taste. The Stressless is adjustable in that respect, and the distribution of pressure along the spine feels right. We sat on a lot of chairs, and these to be the most comfortable of the styles we liked. They do have a lot of options.

2 Likes

I agree regarding the Eames, beautiful to look at, nice to recline in, but too far back for listening duties. The Stressless chairs are a really good choice, we tried them and I concur with @winkyincanada about their comfort.

1 Like

I use a stressless, no idea what model. I like the fact you can recline or lock it into a more upright position and it’s very comfortable.

The downsides are that I sit a little lower than I would like ( vs tweeter height) and the headrest is a little higher than I would like - it’s a large model.

I paid around 75% of retail (end of line/change of display) and I’ve been very happy with it.

1 Like

Competition time - what should Naim’s listening chair be called?

Am-Sat

2 Likes

NAP chair? :dizzy_face:

4 Likes

NALC1 (Naim Audio Listening Chair 1).

2 Likes

Naim chairs already exist

Mahdi Naim design

Must be impossible to really relax in it and listen to music

One of the universally acknowledged design classics and all time most comfortable chair is the Eero
Saarinen Womb chair. I have been using one in my listening room for more than a decade and it is infinitely more comfortable than my Eames lounge chair.

Best
Gregg

5 Likes

Yes , they look very beautiful.
Comfort is still top 1 condition for long period listening.

1 Like

Well described. I will check out a medium size maybe. Need to make sure the back of the chair is lower then my ears.

Yes , Eams salesman told me womb chair is his dream chair.
Is the back higher then your ears ?

Yes higher than one’s ears.
It makes no difference - my 552/500 still sounds glorious

1 Like

The ability to lock the reclining is a really good feature. They are also extremely well made.

1 Like