Question for Herman Miller Eames chair owners

I always said a well designed listening womb is of prime importance :slight_smile:

Here we go ! !

I try many types of stressless chairs today. Admiral Is the best option for audio listing.
comfortable and convenient :+1::+1:
It was on a big discount as well, because Admiral is going to be discontinued.
I got the chair and the table for 50% off.
Thanks for sharing.

That’s great. Sounds like you got a great deal, too. Enjoy.

1 Like

Imho, chair is a very personal thing and not one chair that would work for everyone. Specific to Eames lounge chair, depends on whether it’s the genuine article or not, their height can vary by as much as 4 inches. Ie from 31.5” to 35.5”. Some are not that bad at all with several layers of cushioning, memory foam, etc. Some even have a different angle of recline.

I do love it by the fact that it’s amongst the shortest recliner around. Lobster / egg / womb chairs all have reflections. Some of them have such curved back they are really uncomfortable, esp egg chair. I find adding a little cushion for lumber support is awesome for the Eames chair too.

Can’t fathom having a head rest unless it’s like a car seat head rest. Therefore, the lack of head support or only having neck support that the Eames chair can provide is a strength imho.

For my little ProAcs that are on 24” stands, the (31.5”) Eames chair is perfect lining up my ears to the tweeters.

2 Likes

That’s very detailed , thank you for sharing

I have a Vitra Eames armchair (and Ottoman) for my music room and an Eames copy for my tv room. I find both supremely comfortable and a perfect height (neither is the taller version) for both purposes. However, as you can see from this thread, some people don’t find the Eames comfortable - whereas for me it is the most comfortable chair I own. So you’re best concentrating on comfort rather than acoustics (neither height version is likely to have any appreciable impact on your listening experience in my opinion).

1 Like

Thanks for sharing !

Eames replica with white leather and light oak.

I am also 5’10", chair fits well.

I thought at first it sat too low, but after testing other chairs at other heights, discovered it is a great listening height for my speakers

I abandoned the ottoman, it resulted in lower back pain after long listening sessions.

My biggest complaint is that the chair may be too comfortable prompting immediate sleep, ha!

1 Like

thanks for sharing
I bought the Admiral from Stressless. it’s a great chair .
you find Stressless chairs gave you more low back pain then Eames ?
your white Eames looked great in your room.

Thanx

Ottoman resulted in curvature to extreme for these old bones.

I hope the Stressless won’t curvature my bones …

I have a Stressless Opal with the power leg lift

Light tan with a natural oak base

1 Like

Nice one

Nice chair traded my UpCountry Eames replica in for a Mayfair

1 Like

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.