Quobuz recently cutting out on Eero Network

We use an Eero mesh network for our whole house and it has had plenty of bandwidth. We have an ND555 streamer which is fed by an English Electric 8 switch with an Eero on one end, and the ND555 on the other. It has worked well for a few years. Today the Quobuz music cuts out so frequently that Quobuz is unlistenable. This is a recent development confined to yesterday and today. At the same time, Radio Paradise (at AAC 44.1 kHz) sounds great and does not cut out.

We live in the US Mid-South.

Have you seen this at your house? Any ideas what we should do about it?

Not sure Skip. Also I must note it happened to me yesterday twice which was odd. I did notice that my Eero needed a software update, which I did overnight.

1 Like

@marcusman

Thanks for the tip! Update in process. Fingers crossed.

1 Like

Well, the latest Eero software update did not fix things overnight. The Quobuz signal still drops out intermittently. It is interesting that our local hard drive of hi-res vinyl rips does not seem to drop out but that the Quobuz signal does. It is sad that we are so addicted to Quobuz around this house!

Any ideas? Is there a Quobuz forum or users group somewhere?

That sucks. Only thing I can think of is to reboot your router/cable modem etc. Do you have a NAS drive that acts a Roon Core? (If you have Roon, restart it).

Radio Paradise fan here, also a Qobuz subscriber, live not too far from Eureka, California, everything is good, never have any issues with Qobuz, except occasionally come across some bad hires tracks.

1 Like

Forgot to say that my system is completely wireless, albeit not the Eero network, the front end is the Linn nextgen DSM/3 with the Organik Dac.

So last night I logged out of Quobuz and deleted and reinstalled the Naim app, and logged back into Quobuz. Still cutting out. I wonder if it could be related to the recent Eero software update? Scratching my head.

I couldn’t try last night due to thunderstorms in the area( I heeded your advice and unplugged everything). Anyway fwiw my version of Eero software is eeroOS v7.5.0-2654.

Mark:

Mine is the same Eero software version as yours.

It’s probably something else then. I was just listening and no drops. Maybe it’s some sort of Double Nat situation. I’m using under Settings/Network Settings/Network Services the automatic setting for DHCP & NAT

Mark:

I just power cycled our ATT modem, which provides signal for the whole house, including Qubuz and Netflix. Netflix was balky last night. I hope that step will do it. I am running out of ideas!

skip

1 Like

Ran for a while but still drops out periodically. It may be worse after the power cycle. What could the problem be?

I would try a different wireless mesh network to see if the problem still persists, google nest or netgear orbi is very good.

Nah I wouldn’t go there. Eero is fine. I’ve 5 Eero devices around the house, and I’ve rarely had any drops.

Only thing I can think of is to switch from Automatic to Bridge and back again. Maybe something is hosed up with your internal networking. Restarting the Network maybe but sounds like recycling your ATT modem didn’t help. I’d think it’s something network related but what I’m not sure right now.

Ok, it is up to the OP. It would probably cost nothing if he gets it from Amazon, try the new mesh system for a few days, if nothing gets fixed then at least you know it is not the Eero? Or he could try Qobuz directly from his iPhone/iPad or any mobile devices or Mac/Windows desktop app to see if everything is fine.

1 Like

It could be that your ATT modem is providing DHCP services and it’s conflicting with your Eero router. I’d try switching from “Automatic” to Bridge and see if it helps.

Mark: you may be right.

My son says he has the same issue on his setup. He says that he has to separate the Eero from his Naim streamer in separate outlets so that they plug and unplug in separate strips. Still figuring it out here.

1 Like

This is the typical issue of double NAT caused by more than one DHCH server in the home LAN, one DHCP server running on the ISP (AT&T) provided router, and another one on one of the Eero master node, resulting in home network splitting into two different private networks. However, I doubt if this is the root cause here because the Paradise radio works just fine.

1 Like