Radio Paradise Mellow Mix dropping out

Joining thread to add that I cannot stream the RP Hidef Radio (1000kbps FLAC) Main or Mellow feeds but I can stream the “regular” Naim’s Choice 320kbps AAC feeds. I’m in Ottawa, using a Nova. Not sure how long this has been happening, but for sure since yesterday and still happening today.

I feel better (though not happy for you) that it is not just me, and therefore something unrelated to my system/internet.
Let’s hope it comes back soon.
David

Still no issues streaming the FLAC RP streams. I wonder if it’s a vtuner issue with the new platform streamers?

I don’t know either, I am in the US, RP Mellow Mix and Main hasn’t worked for the last couple of days, and was flakey a few days before. Shame as I typically listen to those two most of the time.

Here’s the RP mellow mix url if you want to try and manually ad. Not sure how that’s done on the new platform.

Maybe @Richard.Dane can shed some light on this problem with Radio Paradise.
Something seems wrong and as all other radio stations play properly would be nice to get an explanation/ solution.
David

Sorry I have no idea here David. One for @Stevesky I think.

1 Like

Just tested and all my RP flac stations work fine and haven’t dropped, Main, Eclectic, Mellow, and Rock.

1 Like

Hi @davidf @Richard.Dane Richard.Dane

I’ve VPN’d into New York and Radio Paradise have a problem with their servers in this region.

Its giving a Bad Gateway error when using their URL. Nothing to do with VTuner or Naim - It’s up to the radio stations to maintain their back-end systems so stuff works.

I’ll let Bill @ Radioparadise know so he can kick the power switch off and on :slight_smile:
Regards

Steve Harris
Software Director
Naim Audio Ltd.

PS. For those who are interested here is the reply from the servers:

6 Likes

Thanks Steve.

1 Like

Thanks Steve, hope RP can fix this
Miss my Mellow Mix

1 Like

I may be wrong here but Kurt put his cloud solution here in Phoenix so if you use his url above I wonder if it would work?

Hi @davidf

The fault in Radio Paradise’s network should now be fixed.

Regards

Steve

4 Likes

checked this AM, RP now working!
Thanks @Stevesky

2 Likes

Mine wasn’t working last night. I will test it when I get home.

Working now?

Just tried it. Yes it is working! :smiley:

2 Likes

Played this yesterday…had one 20-sec dropout… :slightly_frowning_face:

Plus one from over here. A day’s listening would have two or three dropouts max. Superuniti, wired, good internet connection.

And no way to play FLAC-version. The only one I find are the AAC441/320, regardless which station.

If you can add a custom URL the following should do the trick
Radio Paradise Mellow Mix (New York, USA) (flac)
URL http://stream.radioparadise.com/mellow-flacm