Really not sure I've got the hang of this Roon lark

Thanks - that’s useful to know.

Does the 272 happily play 96kHz files or 192 as well with Roon?
Are they distinguishable from one another?

I know it’s normally the bit rate that makes more difference, but just wondered if you’ve managed to test the sampling frequency specifically somehow e.g. using 2L test tracks?

Yes, the 272 will handle up to 192KHz. To be perfectly true with you, I have not really had much time for comparison. I only received Nucleus on Friday, but had to wait till Saturday as there was shortage of a mains connector in the box. Thankfully, Henley Audio (distributor), shipped a replacement out straight away. I purchased a lifetime subscription to Roon in July, but had disconnected the laptop, as it was a lash up and getting in the way. I think, for me that the next step forward will be a purchase of the replacement 272 (please Naim), which will be compatible with Roon. This will enable me to discard the UpNP bridge. I also like Roon for it’s metadata editing as compared to the Uniti Core and the Roon app I also very good to use.

1 Like

Bit depth not rate I think you mean?

Frequency × bit depth × channels = bit rate

MConnectHD lists all 3 ‘rates’.

Flac datarate changes dependant on the data compression used and the material it has no bearing on the sq of the file.

I really must be some sort of tech imbecile…

…I’ve received the Sonore bridge (stunning service, just 2 days delivery from the states) but have absolutely no idea how to configure this to allow me to create a Roon end point on my 272

I’ve tried various web searches and have asked for a bit of help from the guys over at Sonore but if anyone has an idiot’s guide link on how to complete this process it would be much appreciated and never more needed…

Thanks

Not something I’ve done but there are several threads on here about it. Here’s one, the last post looks like it could be helpful?

272 + Roon + UPnP bridge

Hi Chris. I used this guide with my bridge:

I suspect not much has changed since then.

You need to find the bridge on your network - usually by typing http://www.sonicorbiter.com in a browser. Make sure Roon is running and Squeezebox support is on in Roon settings. Then you need to setup the bridge as per the guide above and select your renderer (your 272) and save. Should work.

I used mine on my NDX but have moved it to roonify my Mu-So since my NDX2 arrived. It will only support one end-point at a time.

I find it falls off the network at the drop of a hat and if yours goes missing a reboot of all your network equipment and the bridge is usually required.
j

1 Like

That is strange! Have you installed the latest firmware?

I don’t have a Sonore Bridge, but I did have similar very annoying connection problems with an early Rendu. However, the problems completely disappeared with (I think it was version 1.4) of the firmware. It’s now rock solid - I can’t remember the last time I had a disconnection.

Sonore support is pretty good, so I would suggest that if you continue to have problems, you should post them on the Sonore support forum. The support guys on the forum very quickly resolved a couple of problems I encountered when I first tried to play Tidal MQA files via the Sonore microRendu to the Brooklyn DAC+. They are very efficient and knowledgeable.

Getting my UPnP Bridge on the network and Roonifying my UnitiQute 2 was quite easy.

@chris5 let me know if I can help.

Plug it into your switch, power it on (note, there is an on/off switch on the cable from the ac adaptor), and very shortly it will show up in a browser window directed to sonicorbiter.com

Enable Squeezebox support in Setup:

It will show up in the Audio menu of Roon Settings:

Thanks all, finally got sorted, it might have helped if i had remembered that i had taken the 272 out of the network to get the Antipodes up and running…

… in future, if anyone needs an idiots guide to sorting a simillar problem out I think I’m fully qualified as the idiot who eventually managed to sort…

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.