Rearview close-up pictures

I am curious to see close-up pictures of elaborate systems with multiple souces. My active system with CD, TT, phono preamp and cassette deck is a virtual rats nest. I would like to see pictures of complex systems to get ideas on how best to tidy things up in the rear. I have Nac52, 3 Nap 250s and 362 crossover.

Thanks

Quite a few threads cover this, here’s by far the best :wink:

2 Likes

Blast! When I saw the thread title, I thought that I might be about to see some pert bums!

4 Likes

This is the benchmark set many years ago by @TonyM, formerly of this parish. If you can do better than this, then you’ll have to post a picture yourself as proof. If you’re having difficulty matching this standard, you might be able to get some advice from Tony, who can often be found in the pink fishy place.

20 Likes

I think the slightly serious point is that there is a significant proportion of people who are not obsessive about dressing cables, and that might not be an awful situation :slight_smile:

@MKL1 - could you post a picture and ask for recommendations?

That is very funny, as well as very silly!

He should be ashamed of himself. What a dreadful carpet…

12 Likes

Not as bad as some I’ve seen… The power amps are off to the right side, but with a similar state of cable dressing.
The grey cable on the floor is ethernet.

5 Likes

Perhaps nowadays that image should come with a trigger warning. I shudder to think what impact it may be having on those forum members with advanced OCD.

1 Like

This is a disorderly mess of epic proportions and the dust accumulation is spectacular. I have to assume that TonyM is one of the Lords of Chaos!!

2 Likes

2 Likes

Cables cables… I don’t have OCD, but I do hate the sight of them, esp in a domestic living room. These days, with Ethernet/streaming, etc., it somehow seems worse than when we just had a CDP/turntable, or is it just me?

I deliberately use a portable 80” projector screen which ‘rolls up’ from the floor, and all the power and signal cables get routed behind that to leave the front looking semi-respectable. I try not to look round the back…

I’ll try to take a pic later, although I must say I’m a little uncomfortable posting my rear end on a public forum…

Mine.

3 Likes

Why, thankyou very much.

1 Like

The thread title has my hopes rising, but I was much disappointed with the lack of any nice rear views…

6 Likes

I think that our mod might be keeping an even closer eye on this thread than the new classic series one :innocent:

Wow, I do not feel as badly as before since obviously some people have the same issue. Not in Tony’s league however! Thanks.

Rearview close-up pictures

14 Likes

Here’s my mess, recently posted on system pics.

5 Likes

2 Likes