Red Mat

Knowing what a discerning chap you are James, perhaps I should give one of these mats a little listen.

1 Like

For £99 its a steal…heard it at the Signals rega bash

1 Like

What about VTA? Is the mat any thicker than the standard one?

@Dave the red Carolado matt is thiner than the standard Linn Matt, owners of Aro arms it is suggested that VAT is adusted

I have Ekos SE and works perfectly moved from Ittock

2 Likes

Thanks Antz, I use an Ekos SE too so that’s good news.

I see they also do a white mat (The Tempest). Anyone tried that?

It seems the red mat is for suspended type turntables and the white one for non suspended transcription turntables, both are the same £99 price.

Correct Gazza. I spoke to the guy at Collaro who said the red one is best for belt driven TTs.

Did he let on how they think these mats work so well?

No but I didn’t ask him!

1 Like

Have any owners of the mat on an LP12 tried “clocking” the platter, as Collaro suggests? Are there any audible benefits?

Re clocking. Not yet Kev. When I get a whole day to myself (sometime in 2020,lol) I’ll try it.
Sounds good unclocked tho…and…looks pretty good too.

1 Like

I haven’t… In fact your post was the first to draw my attention to the subject. Having now read about it on the Collaro web site I may try it when I get some free time.

1 Like

I did a couple of years ago, before Cirkus and Lingo 4. As it was an hour, there was no expenditure expectation, asked dearly beloved to listen. We both heard clearer vocals, less vigilance.
So when the Cirkus meant a new inner platter, I did it again, much faster that time. The effect seemed less pronounced.

I think I know what you mean :grin:

1 Like

@TheKevster clocking is sometimes needed and sometimes not, there are good notes on the Collaro web page, this process is quiet simple and can work if the outer platter is slightly out

my dealer set my deck up and it did not need to be clocked

2 Likes

Or Leicester Blue? :grinning:

Sorry. :wink:

3 Likes

Watch it pal :muscle: :wink:

1 Like

Got one today, looking forward to giving it a try…

6 Likes

Hope you like it, @TheKevster!

Ooh, and a Sound Org table…I still have their wallshelf up in the loft. Sadly, my SO tables left the house a long time ago - decreed too industrial by my darlin’ wife!

1 Like