Red Mat

I think I do like it, @steviebee. Very much! :smiley:

1 Like

I’ll have to get my Gran to start knitting another batch?

4 Likes

Here it is on the RP10.

Bass definitely tighter on John Martyn’s Solid Air.

3 Likes

But how can it be? It’s a thin piece of cloth … Are you sure? Do you say I have to spend this € 100?

You don’t have to spend any money you don’t want to spend, Andrea. But my experience is that – on my LP12 – the mat adds a bit more detail and sense of space. I’ve no idea how of why it works, but as far as I am concerned, it does!

2 Likes

Ok. I have a Marantz TT15 S1 by Clearaudio

But the carpet that sells the REGA (I have seen it in different colors) is not worth this collar? … It also costs a lot less …

Can anyone tell me if the red collar mat is Antistatic? That is, if you remove the vinyl do you stay there and don’t stick to the disk?

I’m in the process of testing one out and have only managed a quick 20 minutes or so of “playtime”, but, so far, it appears that the mat stays put.

1 Like

I have seen that with these Antistatic Covers the mat or felt when you remove the vinyl from the turntable it stays there in its place …

The only thing I’ve found to kill the static from lifting up the mat is a record cleaning machine.

4 Likes

Just got home from Audio T with one brought in by the owner who happens to be a customer. More space round instruments and crisper sound. Introduced some sibilance, but waiting to get go ahead from Rega to use stylus cleaner.

Bit like high quality billiard table cloth I guess. Stroud scarlet of TT mats!

Phil

1 Like

I have a leather mat and don’t have any static now, vs the stock rega mat which was holding the lp.

I should have said felt mats.

I don’t (yet but maybe one day) have a RCM but use a few strips of thin double sided adhesive tape to keep the mat from lifting off the platter. Works a treat.

My old Michell turntable had a suede mat glued to the platter. No real issues with static until I traded it for an LP12 with a felt mat, which used to glue itself to the LPs.

1 Like

Hi Tony,
Our mutual Norfolk friend with an LP12 and 500 series system has tried and bought one too. He’s a fan.

Not sure how it would go with a Vertere deck. Touraj might excommunicate me for desecrating one of his cherished creations…

Best regards, BF

1 Like

Changed my mind after listening more. It took some life out of some music maybe because it is thinner than the Rega Mat.

Phil

2 Likes

Well I never! I have only just got my new mat today, it really does make a difference, just can’t get my head around why!

2 Likes

So worth the money then?