Rel Bassline Blue Naim Bannana Plug Connection?

You need two cables!

For me the final decision would depend largely on the final position of the sub relative to the amp and speakers. I would do whichever gives you the neatest cable run and avoids doorways, fireplaces etc.

I did that once, I just split open the sheath to the stock REL cable and ran it between the speakers: one lead to one speaker, the other two leads to the other speaker. You don’t need two cables for a single sub though.

In the case of one sub, it’s probably easier to use a REL Baseline Blue for Naim. I’m just turned off by the cost of it.

You’re right. Also the stackable plugs are crap - a really poor connection into the amp

1 Like

I would chop them off and solder them onto the same plugs as your main speaker cables. Once you’re sure you’ve got the position right, of course.

You run two sets of cables to a single sub. You can just take from each positive and one negative. The nice thing here is that it’s just a reference signal so no need for fancy cabling. QED 79 strand or similar will do just fine (i.e. really cheap).

I would use something even thinner than that. Bell wire would probably do it. I used some Chord Sarsen as my dealer happened to have some.
You would need to get hold of a Neutrik plug for a Rel sub though.

Yes, we used to use Chord Leyline at the factory.

That was presumably for an N-Sub though, in which case you’d have been using regular Naim plugs instead of the Neutrik?

Yes, that was for an N-Sub using regular Naim plugs. Neutrik required for a REL.

This is all getting beyond my expertise level. I can teach you how to fly, but I don’t know how to wire a Neutrik plug

This where your REL dealer comes to the rescue. Should be easy and all in a days work for them.

Neither do I, but as I said earlier, a competent dealer or cable supplier who understands what’s required will be able to make up a suitable cable, and it should cost a great deal less than a Bassline Blue. Give designacable(dot)com a call, they will be able to do it.

1 Like

If you view my profile, you’ll see that I’ve been a pilot for over 42 years… I may not be a HiFi expert, but I know which way is up on an ADI. And my profile picture is a younger version of me…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.