Replace CDX2 to NDX2

I think the OP should prioritise the purchase of the best switch he can afford and worry about a streamer later, as and when funds allow :grin:

3 Likes

It has been said many times by different users who know their stuff that the new streaming platform cannot be compared to the old one — so the NDS is the wrong reference point here…

Why scare off the OP, give the impression that one has to obsess over the network when streaming — I don’t get it. The whole point of the NDX2 is that it works pretty well out of the box… Naim made huge efforts to improve the streaming section — some wish they had spent similar time on the DAC section…

3 Likes

One other great benefit (amongst many) with NDX 2 is it has no moving parts. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Does that include the ongoing saga of freezing screens?

2 Likes

My NDX 2 has never suffered with screen freezes, i believe there is a small minority who have and after the new firmware update, even less so…I listen to my NDX 2 for hours on end every single day, probably unhealthily so, never ever skips a beat.

1 Like

Agree my previous screen issues since birth ( Sept 2020) are now sorted via recent fw updates.

1 Like

It took too long, but by all accounts they seem to be gone now. But in any case, it is something that can be fixed by software, unlike a CD transport

If tweaks can make even the slightest difference that means content is somewhat corrupted and you cannot know to what extent, we only know it’s lost.
Ok that would happen if the same CD was to be read by an entry level or top of the line source but now data go through an IT router (something not intended for audio purposes) run along meters , who knows into what come across… apparently at each step something changes.
Before reaching your Naim.
Remember the days data were copied onto Cdr giving poor results, or were best played through a front USB etc.
If you’ve invested time ,efforts and money in dedicated cables and switches you cannot underestimate those aspects ,even though Naim improved the streaming section , new platform bla bla … the issue remains and has nothing to do with Naim who sell you a tech (to make the best product they can ) that market makes you buy.

1 Like

Each bit of data that reaches you, whichever way, it has been copied many, many times. This is not an issue at all with digital data. If it were, there would not be an internet to discuss this on

:joy: :joy: :joy: :joy:

1 Like

The ethernet and IP protocols contain hashing mechanisms that allow the receiving device to detect corruption in received packets. Corruption of packets is not the issue. Electrical noise on the wire may be.

1 Like

Apparently not because of electrical noise ,sure, but on any of the above steps.

Not really, despite someone here banging it always. The Ndx2 , as new platform, is better for online streaming. But for local streaming, which is what I do only, there is no big difference because of the new platform.
And the Nds is even better isolated than the ndx2.

At dealer place, we compared Ndx2 into router directly vs Ndx2 into EE8 switch . The difference was obvious the first seconds.

Yes, and not just apparently. These things can be proved, and it is not hard. In any case, before the data even reaches a CD you buy it has been copied a thousand times

Actually there is, and it is why nobody reported difference between WAV and FLAC streaming on the new platform.

At dealer place, we compared Ndx2 into router directly vs Ndx2 into EE8 switch . The difference was obvious the first seconds.

Not in my system, though I have said before that there may have been a small difference/improvement. Even if it was obvious for you, it does still not mean that an NDX2 is average without this and that this should be a main priority for the OP’s questions

So explain me why so many members with the new Nd555 observed a big step of improvement after having bought the Etheregen, with or without adding a linear ps?
Why so many users of the Nd5xs2 and Ndx2 are enjoying the results of the EE8 ?
And please, don’t say me I am writing rubbish. No need to be rude. I can do the same very easily.

1 Like

Psychological dear boy…

Who tells you it will happen to the OP the same you experienced ?
He could have a problematic internet environment.

1 Like

According to your profile you don’t use a streamer ,do you?

1 Like

I don’t know why but quite all the members who don’t observe differences with audiophile switches are in the same time working in the pc / data technical environment. Perhaps they are so strongly convinced that a bit is bit and the audiophile switch is a snake oil that they can’t hear after any improvement.
But in the meantime they repeat indefinitely that others encounter bias phenomenon, lol.

1 Like