Replace CDX2 to NDX2

Correct. I’ve never been all around the world either, but I don’t believe it’s flat…

1 Like

Please, move on, we’re full of believers here :rofl:
May you long enjoy your side of the world,though.

Music streaming is a trivial network load of 1 Mbyte/s even for 24/196, and the NDX2 buffers 50 Mbyte of data.
The OP can simply upload a file to Dropbox and download it again, then compare the checksums of both files (the one that was up- and downloaded was copied a thousand times) with a suitable program. I guarantee that they will be identical.

I don’t deny outright the possible effects of local electrical noise and whatnot, but this is not what you are talking about

not from a copy but a mould, making them identical

Sorry, you simply have no idea how this works. It is getting copied in the computer where the recording and mastering is done, it is copied to the network card, it is copied who knows where until it reaches the CD manufacturing plant, that’s all before it is even near a CD

that’s what I 've been talking about

Maybe you have, but you also wrote about the copying of digital data, and you are wrong:

data go through an IT router (something not intended for audio purposes) run along meters , who knows into what come across… apparently at each step something changes.

I obviously meant all the CDs after the printing process

?
an IT router works without electricity?

If you had reason for concern about the integrity of copying digital data over networks, the same concerns would apply to CDs. Let’s make a test: I will copy a music file on a CD and send it to you by mail. I will also copy the same file to my Google Drive. You will download the file and copy the other one from the CD I send you. Then you will compare both files with a checksum program. If they differ, you win.

My concern for CDs was not so much about the integrity of the data extracted but the printing process , applying the same concept to an audio server my strongest concern is how it is then served and not captured (bits are bits).
Same applies to streaming where content is the same but apparently gets corrupted from noise.

It is a mathematically proven fact that the digital data is the same before and after transmission. This is beyond any debate. So, the one proposed mechanism for how switches and cables may make a difference is the electrical coupling and analog electrical current on the cable that is used to encode the digital data, which might have some influence on analog circuitry and DAC on the streamer. You don’t have that on a CD player, but then you don’t have electrical motors in a streamer

well it doesn’t

Not sure about it. Because why the audiophile switches give so much importance to the quality of the clock? Timing is the key.
Blocking noise is not all , and it’s not enough. If you use fmc converters with fiber optic, the noise is cancelled. But the sound may suffer from other deficiencies, as prat and involvement.
It’s what I experimented with cheap fmc converters between the router and streamer. The sound was very nice, clear, soft, but lacked the adequate prat.

Well it is

I don’t know. Timing in this sense has no meaning in this (digital) context

It is in the pc/data reality, which is yours. But it’s not so clear and obvious in the audio world. I don’t say that data is corrupted. But the way it’s transmitted have consequences on the sound quality.
Why audiophile switches carry on the quality of the clocks ?

Why does van den Hul try to sell a device claiming that

You cannot measure or hear any sound coming from The Extender. The Extender emits a signal which communicates direct with the brain.

Time to go to bed…that discussions always tend to get me tired. I believe my ears, you believe what you have learned.

An object lesson in why an Internet forum is the last place to ask for an a or b opinion.

1 Like

I think I’d sooner read/watch the “show us your pets “ thread than this one :crazy_face: