Replacement for Titan 808s

Mfin99,
Did you always have a 500 series system with your Fact 12’s. I have an opportunity to sell my 25.26, and move up the ladder to 12’s, with ease at a good price point. Only have 282/240DR. Don’t want to be forced into a 300 due to lack of power or grip. I realize the speakers will sound better as you move up the pre/power ladder with Naim. Just wondering if 250 is not enough to even start with.

Scott

Sounds more like Fact 8 territory to me – I liked the Fact 8 a lot with the 282/250DR (demo’ed at a dealer). A rather good match in my view! And I might at some point upgrade my 25.23. With a 250DR I wouldn’t consider Fact 12 – these are big speakers – disclaimer: I haven’t demo’ed the combo.

1 Like

Yes, it does change the sound moving them about as like with all speakers, but this close and this far out, ended up with a much shallower sound field, 3d much less and bass not so deep.
I liked it for a few weeks but once i moved them back, i realised that i much prefer it how it was.

The other nice feature on the fact 12’s is the 3 way switch for low and high frequencies, a nice little way to fine tune if needed

1 Like

Fact 12 only seem to be available in white which will not work in my room

And I think the move by PMC to ditch the wood veneers and limit to only grey and white (now only white according to their website) is a massive mistake and must be limiting sales. I am sure they have their reasons but a killer for most punters I would have thought.

You can hear the salesman now, ‘…you can have it in any colour you like Sir, as long as it is white…’. Not good in this competitive market, at this price.

1 Like

Room looks fantastic, the view is something else!!! Was interested in what the metal looking tub is on your ceiling??

Walnut was added in February…

Completely wrong

Interesting that PMC failed to mention Walnut in their colour options on their website for the Fact 12.

Someone needs a kicking as this omission will lead to lost sales IMV.

Dunc,
Did you have home dem. of 808 in your room? Or reject them on your dealer’s advice

I was going on PMC’s own website and the colour options offered for the Fact 12.

This is taken from their website!

The Yvette might be the ones. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3Rv5ROc398

OK, apologies, I have seen a different version that only mentions white, the same version of the website that @pumpexch was apparently looking at.

Edit: Just seen where the confusion lies. If you Google ‘PMC Fact 12’ you get the white only site. If you Google ‘PMC Fact 12 Signature’ you get the white, grey & Walnut options offered. Maybe PMC should shut down the non-Signature site.

Not that they wanted to “ditch” – apparently there were issues with the cabinet supplier (in Italy?). I think @Gazza was told something along these lines by a PMC rep when visiting Signals.

1 Like

Amazing that a speaker manufacturer like PMC are confounded by this. How is it that all other domestic speaker suppliers are able to offer a range of wood veneers, although PMC now seem to offer Walnut?

1 Like

Good point indeed – I was also puzzled that PMC couldn’t source “proper” wood finishes for their high-end speakers when lots of finishes were available for their Twenty5 range. At the time when Gazza was writing, only white and graphite were available for the Fact range…

Personally, I am not a great fan of walnut – too dark for our style. I prefer good old fashioned oak… :deciduous_tree:

No i didn’t as dealer advised they wouldn’t work as they should in my situation, but they would be far to big for my room anyway, the slim design of the fact 12’s help big time in my room

I have upgraded through both the Naim and PMC ranges. I first acquired the Fact 12’s when I was running a 552/200 combo. The 200 really was not up to the task of driving the Fact 12s with authority.
I upgraded to a 300DR and that was a big step up in sound. The Fact 12s really came alive and I could have lived with that combo going forward. Then my dealer mentioned he had a used 500DR and offered a great deal.
The 500DR upgrade was recent and has been great.

1 Like

I have Fact 8s and I think they are excellent. I recently compared them with the Wilson TuneTots. As good as they are (£11k), they are not a patch on the Fact 8s and, from my limited listening experience with the Fact 12s I think the latter would be greatly superior to any stand mount. The Wilson Sasha, which are in the same price bracket as the 808s, are probably worth a listen - if you like their appearance.

1 Like