RIP David McCallum

Sorry to read this . The Man From Uncle not to mention Sapphire and Steel , and one of The Great Escapers

8 Likes

Very sad, he was a great actor. He was wonderful in NCIS.

4 Likes

I always enjoyed him in The Man From Uncle and NCIS, before I gave up watching it a few years ago.
I also remember Sapphire and Steel with the delectable Joanna Lumley.
90 is a decent knock…RIP

3 Likes

Also ‘Mosquito Squadron’. Not the greatest acting but wonderful Mosquito based content if you like them.

5 Likes

Yes, a very, very difficult plane to fly .

1 Like

When I was young I always thought he was cool. Still do actually.

2 Likes

He did a couple of great albums

1 Like

As conductor? Interesting. I had no idea.

1 Like

David McCallum obituary: TV favourite from NCIS and The Man From U.N.C.L.E. David McCallum obituary: TV favourite from NCIS and The Man From U.N.C.L.E. - BBC News

He’ll always be Man From Uncle for me. Was obsessed by that series at the time. I think I’ve still got my yellow membership card somewhere. I was in Section 7 - Intelligence & Communications. Pretty silly that I can still such details from that time. :thinking:

8 Likes

And now you’ve blown your cover after all these years!!!

4 Likes

Damn!!! I’m getting forgetful :laughing:

Both done with David Axelrod - as is this one (his best IMO):

2 Likes

Not many mentions of this today but I loved it as a kid.

RIP DMcC

G

4 Likes

That’s a shame, I can remember watching Man from Uncle on our old black & white telly, even at that age I always thought he was so cool, and Robert Vaughn too, didn’t they have little silver pen like communicators? - always wanted one of those as a kid but I guess todays mobiles aren’t a million miles. RIP.

2 Likes

IMG_8100

2 Likes

Ah, the beautiful Ms Lumley. I used to have a massive crush on her when she played Purdey in The New Avengers, and I suspect that I was not alone in that respect!

7 Likes

Quite a big club I think! I also loved her as Patsy in Ab Fab.

I was a bit young for ‘The Man from Uncle’ but did enjoy ‘The Invisible Man’ and of course ‘Colditz’, classic BBC drama.

2 Likes

Me too! I remember recording the opening theme music on a Prinzsound TR9 Cassette Recorder!

1 Like