RIP Dusty Hill

Sad to hear that Dusty Hill has passed away. Another legend gone and a long running line up final split.

7 Likes

Gosh……heard the guitar technician stood in and played a concert a few days ago, still a shock.

1 Like

Some career so many albums RIP Dusty.

2 Likes

Rock on, Dusty, and thanks for all the great choons from that lil’ ol’ band from Texas.

3 Likes

It’ll have to be a TV dinner tomorrow to honour him :pizza:

6 Likes

The greatest trilogy of MTV videos of the late 80s. Rest well Dusty

5 Likes

I saw the Eliminator tour at the Kiel in 82, I was 13. It’s hard watching all the musicians of my youth pass on. RIP.

2 Likes

RIP Dusty, thanks for some great music.

1 Like

Passed away peacefully in his sleep.
Bless him, he ZZ stopped.

1 Like

RIP Dusty, Have Mercy

1 Like

Fond memories of listening to Deguello in my car with my buddies driving around town. Hardly any bands from the 70’s and 80’s are still intact with all original members, very sad news.

2 Likes

Saw the ‘Top several times and always a great show.

Rock on man.

steve

Loved ZZ Top a great tight group excellent musicianship and good songs.

R.I.P.

Regards,

Martin

1 Like

Glad I got to see them at Ramblin’ Man festival a few years ago. RIP Dusty… A sad loss.

1 Like

RIP Dusty Hill. Sad news indeed. Blimey. There’s an obituary on the BBC site with a little more info regarding the band’s history.

2 Likes

:sleepy::sleepy:

Very sad news.

Thanks for all the great music. Rest in Peace Dusty.

1 Like

Very sad, always had a soft spot for them. A mate of mine at school had one of their albums in the mid 70s, Fandango. We played it to death.
Later saw them top the Bill at Milton Keynes in 91. Great fun, they had a moving floor on stage so that they could do amazing cheating Moonwalking.
The support bands were not too shabby either: Paul Rodgers, Bryan Adams and Thunder.

2 Likes

I saw their Recycler Tour too in Oulunkylä in June 1991 (boogie train was in town as they were described locally).

RIP Dusty, thanks for the great memories.

1 Like

I love Thunder. Such a good live band…

2 Likes