Roon 1.7 build 571

Mmm - just did that. Perhaps I’ll give it another try when the album finishes…
Thanks @Sloop_John_B for the reminder of that ‘old trick’.

1 Like

I had that after the last update. I had to delete my Roon cache to permanently fix it.

That’s an idea - had not thought of that.
Excellent tip, now 1.40.4 working with Hi-Res. At least for now …

1 Like

All worked fine here

2 Likes

On the 14 day Roon trial for a week now. All good up until Wednesday/Thursday.
Roon will no longer play anything from qobuz. Fine with local Nas content though. I’ve engaged the roon support.
As I have only one end point ( ND5xs2,) I’m struggling to see any real advantages over using the Naim app. So what am I missing here? Yep, I get the ability to upsample but that’s about it.

I find the Naim app clunky / long winded compared to Roon. What I mean with Roon my music is at my fingertips immediately, but with the Naim app I have to navigate to it which takes at least 4 steps (ok I have my music arranged in specific folders by broad genre).

The Naim app is definitely clunky. Especially if using a Samsung phone to drive it. I do tend to use an old iPad mini instead. But, if I keep to one device I can navigate around it quite well. I tend to only have sources of Qobuz, Media Server or the Radio thingy.

I didn’t get this issue with the update and use Qobuz only also.

I have just finished the trial for the second time and have just gone for the lifetime subscription.
In my opinion the 14day trial is a bit to short as it takes about that to learn about you, what you like and to collect data and make recommendations based on all your albums, favourites etc.

Obviously Qobuz doesn’t have any radio discovery feature also.

I wasn’t sold on the first trial but it just keeps getting better the more you use it.
One of the things that really makes it shine for me is, if you are listening to a track and you think wow that guitarist is amazing, who is that, you can press on the credits, click the guitar player and then find everything about him, who he has played with and all albums he is in.

4 Likes

Roon have been good and extended my trial until the end of July. Just need to get Roon and Qobuz to talk.

1 Like

Having my local music and Qobuz integrated is a big advantage in my books, and having the ability to edit Qobuz’s meta data to match my album title style is a killer — Roon lifetime subscription bought… Admittedly I have a bit of everything-needs-to-be-in-order OCD…

Of course there are other advantages — but just the two above already did it for me…

4 Likes

I love the DSP, Roon Radio and Volume leveling when I need it.

1 Like

Apologies to be off topic!
Just wondering if anyone tries the HQ Player with Roon?

What does the volume levelling do, and when do you use it? :+1:t2:

Roon FAQ:
https://kb.roonlabs.com/Volume_Leveling

2 Likes

What it does is level out the volume on certain tracks, albums etc. During the day for example I tend to listen to random music via (Roon Radio etc). The problem is some tracks play much more loudly than others. Volume leveling using an algorithm based off the loudness index (I think) and it can adjust the volume so one track doesn’t seem too loud or too soft. Most of the newer recordings LKFS is really high. Anyway I think someone else just posted as well… Thanks @anon56221831 you beat me to it.

2 Likes

Roons trial may be only 14 days, but you can still get a full refund within 30 days of being a subscriber if it doesnt work outt. So the trail is 6 weeks really.

Also, if you ask Roon directly for a bit extra time to decide, they might grant that too. Generally, those folks at Roon are rather agreeable people…

Sometimes if you log Roon out of Qobuz and back in it can fix such issues.

Depends on what you put value on. If you happy to have you local music and Qobuz seperate and have to search for music through two different ways then stick with Naim app. If you want all your music wether its local or in Qobuz to be visible as your music and easily searched then Roon is worth it. Thats only the the tip, the other ways it allows you to quickly jump organise your content and then using bookmarks for quick access it starts to show its cololurs. Also not having playlists to one controller is a big thing for me, as I can use PC,phone or tablet and can control and have access to everything and switch seamlessly between them. Add in other zones and it blows away all competition for multiroom playback and you can have a very mixed bag of equipment it does not have to be one manufacturer. I just got a JBL Speaker for my garden, its Chromecast and works with Roon instantly. This for me is priceless. I can play and have access to all my music in any location in the house and play it from one app.

3 Likes

Hi. Yep, tried that. Not fixed it.