Roon summer update

When they are there, they are great :+1:

3 Likes

It’s never around long enough for me to use it. So I am ignoring it until they fix it. It’s here one day gone for 3 at the moment. Feels like we are beta testing it.

2 Likes

100% agree with you.

Agreed, virtually never there for me. Love it but needs to work all the time.

After an initial wobble they still appear reliably every day for me. Weird.

Missing again today.

Hmm, they had been there on the couple of times I used them a few days ago, but today the daily mixes are missing for me as well.

I had them for 3 days, then gone again for the past 5. :man_shrugging: When I had them they were actually pretty good. From what I read on the Roon forum it seems they have server performance problems, maybe they are too good

Aha!

They are back for me again today. Very strange!

Back for me today after three day absence. Best thing to do is save them and that way one has a week’s worth.

3 Likes

There is an update to Roon that is now available that is supposed to resolve the issue of the disappearing daily mixes.

2 Likes

Let’s hope it does.

Well I hope it also fixes an issue with a SonoreUPnP bridge; ok it may not be a Roon issue, but it’s frustrating nevertheless.

(The issue is that the bridge does not recognise my NDS. It’s just as well that Rooextend works well.)

As it happens I had a message from my dealer on Sunday advising me to delete, reboot and install the latest version of the SonoreUPnP Bridge. A result - all working well now.

3 Likes

My Roon seems to have developed a bug of some kind that I can’t resolve. Basically albums listed in my recent activity won’t load and there is a gap of about a month of saved albums that seem to have been lost since yesterday. I’ve restored a back up, then my iPad wouldn’t work as a remote. Rebooted the Mac, which didn’t solve things. Reinstalled the iPad app, and the remote works but with the same issue I started with, which is also the same in the iMac app. So, I basically seem to have lost a lot of my Library and functionality. Not sure where to from here, any suggestions please?

I have no idea about the issue or how to approach it, but as a suggestion I’d post it in the Support room on the Roon forum, seems like something their paid support should deal with :slight_smile: It might be an issue on their server end (like missing daily mixes was) and they might even know.

1 Like

I’ve been looking at their forum, but it all seems quite high tech and I feel a bit out of depth with this stuff. It’s been faultless so far. I see now that I’ve also lost a lot of playlists……

There is a room specifically for support, so if you post it there, their support staff should guide you. No reason to be intimidated. This seems like a serious issue that will be difficult to diagnose/solve from the sidelines. I have no idea what you could do if the Roon library develops a fault like this and restoring a backup does not help.

Is the missing month the last one, or is it literally a gap and albums added later do show up?

Are you using Qobuz and these are Qobuz albums? There has been some issues with some Qobuz accounts and Roon where titles have gone missing for some users they have been working with Qobuz on this. There are a few threads on it. If it’s related to this I would put in a support ticket in the support section. Add @support in the first bit of text as this flags them. Being the weekend though they likely won’t reply today.

1 Like

Looking more closely, it’s a whole bunch of random gaps. I was initially looking for the new Billie Eilish albumn which I saved the day it was released. But now I see stuffed saved in the last day, then a gap of 11 days, a few more saved ones, another weeks gap and so on….

Very odd but may well have nothing to do with your setup as CrystalGipsy wrote