Roon summer update

Yeah, just came home and they haven’t appeared today

Same here, nothing all day. I’m hoping it’s a sign they are fixing things in the background rather than the situation getting worse.

.sjb

I like your optimism, if only this increasingly jaded user had some.

I’m sure they can make it work and not having mixes for a week more after not having had them for months/years may be bearable :wink:

On the upside, at least for me, every release since 1.8 including this one fixed a few annoying bugs (admittedly introduced in 1.8 to begin with), I like the new search, some of the mixes were surprisingly good when they actually appeared, and for the first time since 1.8 it feels like a well-rounded release to me, obviously apart from the mix glitch.

Genuinely who cares, it will be built on the same back bone as roon radio, i.e. not very intelligent system of playing you Genesis after you have played Yes kind of thing.

After a rocky start mine now seems to appear every time I look, and updates daily.

Radio has improved off late not so many repeats and it’s pretty spot on with what it play for me.

It worked for two days, although the mixes are no such thing for over half off them, stopped yesterday but managed to get it back with a Qobuz resync, today nothing all day, reboots all round. Yet another feature released without proper beta testing, it seems to happen all the time at Roon these days…it’s getting frustrating to say the least. Don’t release something that doesn’t work as intended.

3 Likes

If I’m understanding the issue correctly it’s probably more to do with upscaling to the whole Roon universe that is causing the issue as it is a backend processing that gives the daily mixes and it’s probably timing out which would not be caught in beta testing as there are obviously only a very small fraction of Roon customers that are beta testers.

.sjb

I’m still yet to see a daily playlist. Not a big deal, was just interested to see if it would be useful, since there was a big reveal of it, but alas, it doesn’t work :roll_eyes:

My daily mix finally appeared today

Good grief, I have them too!

Daily mixes back this morning after a day off.

One thing I have noticed is that New Releases For You has greatly improved.

Mine are back this morning. NRFY is no different still way behind and generally irrelevant. I have been running a thread on that as well, as it should be a great feature that’s again let down by poor implementation. The time they show up for me if they ever do , they are hardly new anymore as it’s the following week. But hey that’s another story and first word issue.

1 Like

Indeed and the reason why it should be more. When they did for 1.8 we found so many bugs it should not have been released. But they did anyway and wondered whey there was so much backlash and seem to have shut it down again to a small group which does seem ineffective at finding them.

mine appeared today and as surmised it just seems to be be roon radio but they seeded it for you.

Nothing wrong with that its using the same algorithms. Listening to Radio right now and it’s a great session.

1 Like

Well, I’m quickly into a few great discoveries, so I’m well pleased.

2 Likes

I was bit sceptic about Roon for a while but where it’s at now and how I more strongly connect with music and artist and find new interesting music makes every other streaming app obsolete. This is where Naim would have to be to make their app more useful than a remote. But competing with 50 devs on Roon and native Connect implementations is just no way of winning.

2 Likes

I wonder how people are getting along with their Daily Mixes. I had a good number of really great ones, which I actually saved for listening to them again. Currently I am listening to mix of Cho Seong-Jin pieces – I like rather like the piano when working…

But I also had a few odd Daily Mixes – not sure why Roon believed I would listen to Michael Jackson, for instance… :scream:

Anyway, generally, I think the new Daily Mix feature is fab!