Rubbish remotes poll

The star button should show, and allow you to select, the presets that you have set up in the app. Well it does on mine anyway.

I find the 3 dots button useful to find what track is playing when just the album cover or radio station is displayed.

I kind of agree with you there. I think it has a premium feel at first glance, it follows the monolitic design cues of the Uniti, which i like and looks more premium to me than for instance classic remotes. It doesn’t really hold up perhaps when examining it more closely…

2 Likes

Hi Rack,

I use the Harmony 900 which I have used for many years, but is no longer available. A Harmony Companion should be OK to control the sub.

Regards Gerry

1 Like

Can you set both presets and favorites yourself? I didn’t know that… i thought the presets were just pre-set, and the favorites were your own selection…

I listen to a lot of online radio and the 3-dots button doesn’t seem to do anything there when the full album art is shown, does it for you?

My main issue with this is that it’s just a variation of the screen that also exists with the track info and the small album thumbnail (for instance when pausing or starting a track). So i would prefer if the view simply switched between full album art and the small thumbnail with track info, instead of introducing a separate view under a dedicated 3 dots button as currently is the case.

Sadly ROHS put pay to the Flash. However, it wasn’t without its quirks. It was a truly hand-built effort and squeezing in the batteries (especially on the earlier mouldings) was always interesting.

2 Likes

I’ve also got a Logitech harmony remote and it’s brill. Controls everything in my living room and allows linked commands etc

1 Like

Would it control an NDX2?

Thanks Gerry.

Cheers, Rack.

Yes - there is an option to add to presets. You should be asked if you want to add to presets when adding a favourite. You can also tap the 3 dots next to a favourite and choose the Add to presets option.

The 3 dots does exactly the same - i.e. shows the track info as when starting. Whether it works for radio depends on the station (it doesn’t work for BBC for instance). I gather this is a function of the broadcaster rather than at the Naim end.

1 Like

Possibly with this: zigbeealliance logitech-harmony-home-hub-extender

But I wouldn’t mind having that confirmed.

1 Like

Seriously??
Score!

1 Like

This looks ideal n-lot, can anyone confirm whether the Logitech Zigbee hub can control the NDX2, unitis etc ?? @Richard.Dane

I’ll plug mine in after work and check

1 Like

I have to say, I am pretty happy with the NDX2 remote though yes, I do understand some of the issues people have, e.g. what @litemotiv described.

Maybe I am just used to worse, the general state of hifi remotes is not that great. Ever seen the remote you get with a current NAD C658 streamer/pre, also a 2000 euro unit? Now that is horrible :smiley:

It is very large too, and twice as thick as the Naim one. It’s like they nicked it from a no-name TV set.

No idea I’m afraid. Probably best to ask Naim whether it would be suitable.

1 Like

Yes but who uses it! I’ve not touched mine since it was installed just use the app, thing is in a draw, to ugly to have lying around!

1 Like

True!

I got a Flash control with my CD555. Not used it yet but this thread might prompt me to give it a whirl. It has a bit of a ‘Back to the Future’ air about it.

Maybe I should keep it boxed up if it is on the ‘endangered’ list !

I could never understand why people were slating the NDX2 remote until I discovered mine wasn’t what should have come as standard.

G

1 Like

I’m up for a swap with you if that would help?!

1 Like