Rugs for music room

Any recommendations for best rug for music room on wood floor, Turkish, Afghan or Persian?

But on a more serious note, we have this one (marketing photo):

2 Likes

Lady in a rug rug.

As large and thick as possible.

No idea which of silk, wool etc is more absorbent/less reflective.

Then of course comes the consideration of whether you can hear a difference between different colours….

1 Like

Not forgetting the importance of rug burn-in.

2 Likes

This one seems to be well run in.

4 Likes

And direction too.

Thanks all, going to rug shop soon, I fancy vintage so it’ll be nicely run in🙂

This is what I lust after. It’s a beauty, but by the time we redo our living room it’ll probably be out of production.

I’d like a rug with Jeff Lynne on it :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

He has an R2D2?

Class.

4 Likes

And most important of all:

• Not touching the floor
  • Not touching any other rugs
2 Likes

Its also made of wires.

Having taken up the carpet and underlay on a concrete floor, and had a solid wood floor laid, the room became very echoic. So I covered a large part of the new floor with a Tibetan wool rug. It rather defeated the object of the wooden floor, but at least it tamed the echo.

2 Likes

That’s part of the purpose of my proposed rug to tame acoustic piano without resorting to adjusting voicing

1 Like

That was partly the reason for choosing a Tibetan rug - they’re rather thick, which I guessed might offer better sound absorbing properties than a thinner Persian style rug.

2 Likes

Persian for me - not because it’s better acoustically, just because I like it !

8 Likes

That’s lovely, especially the unusual (to me) central panel. Delightful panels all round.

2 Likes

Thank you. Each panel has a unique design and the main images in the central panel depict the Persian Lion and Sun (Shir o Khorshid) and the Winged Sun (Faravahar).

1 Like

Any one of them will do. This one I use I brought in Asia in the eighties.

2 Likes