Running shoes - what are you using?

Similar experience the Nimbus, but lighter

Ah, I actually use Nimbus, not Cumulus as originally stated - not sure why I wrote that. Corrected my post… :+1:

An old pair I have at work (well past their sell by date !)

1 Like

Brooks Ravenna 10, looking rather dirty. Not been able to run for a couple of months due to plantar fasciitis, so mud is accumulated from a few months ago. (The fact that I have PF is not linked to these shoes I should add.)

1 Like

Good work.
I see you’ve deserted my thread for this more recent upstart, lol!

1 Like

Before my present cumulus 22 I used nimbus 20.

Good point! Maybe Richard can move it? Although it doesn’t really matter in the grand scheme of things!
Lovely to have the chance to go for a long run in the Spring sunshine, though, whatever shoes (Brooks Adrenaline) made it possible!

It was tongue in cheek. I’m sure the two running threads are viewed by the same forum members anyway.

1 Like

A Gentlemen walks and never runs

1 Like

The gentleman should think on is personal health. :wink:

Yep, not get run over :wink:

1 Like

just taking the opportunity of the phrase “what are you using” a little bit broader:
The ASICS Packable Jacket Windbreaker S1 is, by far,
my best investment on running gear.
The advantages of a impermeable are more than initially though.
highly recommended

I do well with New Balance – they fit my feet very well. And it’s a local company (Boston). My mate here in town went to college with some members of the owning family.

In the past I’ve also done well with Asics. My wife prefers Asics these days.

New Balance seems to have changed their sizing a little over the past few years (??). I just got a new pair and take 1/2 size (American) smaller than in the past.

Also, all these new ‘mesh’ style shoes seem to stretch over time.

For running I found everything Gore does, fits me perfect and is beautifully made. Most of my runs are in a windstopper jacket and windstopper tights. Both body hugging garments. It’s the wind chill stopping qualities that make running during the winter so much better. For rain, I put on a Gore Wear One Gortex jacket. It’s the thinnest, lightest and probably best engineered jacket I’ve got (except for Arcteryx shell or Patagonia Grade Vii , come to think of it).

1 Like

it do wonders…

1 Like

@anon29651526 Picture not showing BTW?

I’ve got an old mountain biking lightweight Berghaus Vapor Storm Gore-tex jacket which I now use for running in wet conditions - and it’s just fantastic, but sadly unavailable now. No idea what I’ll replace it with when I have to, as its a near perfect fit (for me) with a superb tailored cut, no excessive fabric and decent breathability.

I often usually run in a simple windproof gilet in late Autumn / early Spring to keep the windchill off the torso, but it’s now heading towards just T-shirt & shorts weather, which is always more pleasant.

1 Like

Usually I do similar approach. :+1::muscle::fire:

Ps.: I have 2 different windshield coat: ASICS S1 for wind protection; and ASICS S2 for wind AND rain protection. ( more thickness of the material and warmer)

I am biased of course, but I can’t even conceive that anybody would consider to another brand …, so please consider the best adidas…

@BertBird
Unless we are fans of some specific brand, we all can try different ones.
Personally I like ASICS for two main reasons:
I got a outlet store nearby ( bought more economically)
And after trying two/ three brands, I prefer the japanese. :sweat_smile:

@anon29651526 - I am working for the great brand with the three stripes. And I am convinced we are creating the best products to ensure everybody can be the best version of themselves while also being the leader in sustainability.
Convince yourselves…

1 Like

A honest man, I see.
Your transparency reminds me @Naim.Marketing (regarding Naim/Focal matters):
Your commitment and beliefs are worthy of respect. You gained my trust ( so did her).

:+1:

1 Like