Russ Andrews PowerKord Testeroo

If you read the OP, you will see its Russ Andrews ‘Powerkord Evolution 500’

1 Like

Ha ha yes … yeah I am using PowerKord Evolution 500 … they are ace … can’t recommend highly enough…they are keepers.

2 Likes

If you do order would strongly recommend the rhodium mains plug and Wattgate. According to Peter at Russ Andrews they add more “slam” and he was not wrong.

1 Like

That’s what I ordered…all rhodium and super fuses…a great combination.

1 Like

:joy::joy::joy:

4 Likes

Richieroo, I am using in the SuperCap at the moment. Always feels like the heart of the system as feeds 252 and 250. Have a couple more on the way for NDX2 and 250 so will report back soon with the combined impact.

1 Like

The Supercap doesn’t ‘feed’ the 250, if by ‘feed’ you mean ‘power’. All it does is pass an audio signal.

It ‘feeds’ the signal. Without the SC the 250 would be silent.

2 Likes

I am sure it will be very positive … I ordered 3 decided to give it a proper try … I was not disappointed!!! I recon they take around 6 weeks to really settle in…the bass seems to get better and better.

2 Likes

Now have just about the whole system on the Evolution 500 cables. The new cables are 24 hours old and have a way to go to be fully run in, but am staggered by the improvement. The bass has gone to a completely different level but with total control. Vocals are very natural and clarity and detail are exceptional. Feels like someone has taken the handbrake off the system and it is just flying.

1 Like

Great to hear this!!! My ND555 sounds like it has a 2nd 555ps fitted… its is amazing. I think you will find they will run in beautifully…and give you a very dynamic sound.

I wonder which Kimber wire they use… Any ideas?

I am not sure. Their website just seems to mention higher purity as well as the geometry of the earth cable. Richieroo, just think what 2 power supplies with theses cables would sound like…

It is teflon coated high purity copper…

Don’t start me off!!! I am skint after spending on the Powerkords…!!! But yeah the thought crossed my mind!!

1 Like

Might want to look at Kimber’s site… just say’in

Replying to myself… it looks like Russ Andrews is using Kimber 12VS cable to make his power cords. 12VS is 24 wires split in half, an aggregate 8 gauge per leg. That’s a good size. Insulation is polypropylene ( the TC cables are Teflon) and very good copper but nothing exotic like OHNO single crystal, 6 9’s… price is about 40£ a linear meter just for the bulk wire. Then add the ground wire,connectors, jacketing and of course labor and packaging. And then profit, got to make a profit to stay in business!

2 Likes

I think the Wattgate, Superfuses and Rhodium maims plug have an impact as well, but the geometry of the earth weave to reduce noise is a game changer.

1 Like

The Kimber weave by itself does a lot to cancel and reject noise. I’m sure they spent a lot of time listening to the new ground arrangement too. And yes the connectors are also very good. All in all quite a solid product.

1 Like

Like I have said before … I put all hype to one side installed them and gave them a good listen…its the only way. Boy do they deliver…3 power leads…for over 2k…I thought I was barking…but they are amazing in the context of a black box upgrade they are actually value!!!

1 Like