Sad news, Dave from Flashback sales has died

I certainly found Dave most helpful when I needed to connect various non Naim products into my system, I know many here also used his cables.

There’s a thread on PFM with a Just Giving link to show some appreciation and solidarity with his widow Lyn.

May he rest in peace.

.sjb

11 Likes

Shock. True gentleman. Among other things sorted some cables for my Revox. Always very helpful and would go the extra mile to meet his customers needs. Will be missed by he Hifi community and I wish his family and friends my deepest sympathy.

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing.

I’d just seen this on Facebook and donated to the Just Giving page. I’ve always found Dave to be very helpful and knowledgeable.

My condolences to Lynn and family.

Oh no! He was very nice and very helping!
My condolences!

That is really sad news. My utter condolences to Lyn and the family.
She and Dave were so sweet when I spoke with them regarding a cable for my headphone amp.

Truly lovely, helpful people. RIP Dave. You’ll be missed.

Dave will be sorely missed. He was an excellent person to deal with, and extremely helpful.
I’m deeply saddened by this news.
My sincere condolences to Lyn and family.

Dave

1 Like

Thanks for telling us, Such nice people .

What a bloody awful year

For info only, anyone who purchased a cable from David Lane of flashback sales. He died of cancer yesterday.

I didn’t, but dreadful news to hear.
Thoughts with his family.

What a sad loss - RIP David :pray:

I’ve merged the two threads that were running here.

I am completely shocked! How life is so short? I recall that I exchanged emails with Dave not so long ago.

I placed an order for a straight RCA to RCA a few weeks ago, I needed one and was in no rush, I wanted to support a small friendly supplier .

Such a shame , such a wretched disease

I never dealt with the gentleman but just so sad.

Awful news, condolences to his friends & family.

horrible news, my condolences to Lyn and his family and friends. I only ordered a cable a few weeks ago and Lyn was so sweet and concerned. My heart goes out to them.

So Sad, I got a Flashback 4 pin DIN > XLR for my ATC Active speakers.
Not a common cable at all, as they are made just to work with a Naim preamp. and ATC Actives.

Could not be more helpful and the price was so very reasonable for such a specific cable.

What sad news, my thoughts are with his family.

So sad, RIP.

Sad news , RIP Dave

A Hug to Lyn