Sale time?

Northmar is an interesting company

Seems as if everything is 20% off

If you are going to exclude Statement from the offer is it even worth looking at?

I’d say $7000 off of a circa $35K 500DR might get your attention - there’s no way that (or any 500 series gear) is being replaced soon in my opinion.

2 Likes

The prices have been cut on the New Classic as well! Wow. I didn’t anticipate seeing that, but I agree that $9000 USD just feels a bit steep for the new boxes. I wonder if there will be a more permanent price cut on the New Classic. When the Nova first came out in the U.S, the price was, IIRC, close to $7000 for a while, before it was dropped quite a bit at some point. Then Naim and Focal started offering bundles with the Uniti range and the Kantas and Arias, which drove the price down even more. I am definitely thinking hard about whether it is time to spring for at least the new NAP 250!

I assume the 300 series is the Focal ones I’ve just found through Google, rather than the unlaunched Naim one.

Northmar is a rep firm, not a distributor. All N/A dealers buy direct from Naim.

4 Likes

Just dipping a toe in the water here… I just bought a new Atom (in the UK) from Richer Sounds. It was 20% off @ £1999 - redeemable via a code.

Needless to say, the code was only up for a short while.

Not sure how this is relevant to a 20% sale in the US, but humour (humor) me here…

As I wrote in the What was the last bit of gear you bought in 2023? thread I took advantage of the NAIM sale, 20 % off, going on in the US and ordered a SuperCap DR for use with my NAC 282. It will be a week to ten days before it arrives at the dealer.

With the dealers looking to move inventory there is still room to negotiate after the sales discount pricing as well as with trade in items. If you are looking for a piece of NAIM gear now would be the time to be talking to your dealer and see what the out the door price may be…

4 Likes

Depending on the state, county or city you live in there may be sales tax added in the United Sates.

In Seattle, WA the 2023 sales tax rate in Seattle is 10.25% , and consists of 6.5% Washington state sales tax and 3.75% Seattle city tax.

Yes, I know, I live the US. However, sales tax varies tremendously, and a few states have no sales tax at all. Also, if your dealer is in a different state— a very common occurrence here because of the dearth of Naim dealers— you pay no sales tax. In any case no matter what, US sales tax is much lower than VAT in the UK.

Yes I recently received an email from my dealer in Toronto Canada.

It looks like they are offering 20% off as well.

I think they are a bit much all things considered. I’d love to have the three New Classic boxes but at 27k for the lot I just can’t reasonably justify it.

I’m also not a big fan of the sale. These are priced as luxury goods and luxury goods are not supposed to go on a huge sale like Naim is doing here.

Kind of what I thought. I wonder why the sale?

Especially on a newly released product.

e- Bay will be raking it in. :joy:

New Classic components are not on sale. The North American distributor is clearing out stock to make room for new products coming this year.

2 Likes

Actually, the out of state dealer is supposed to collect sales tax at the requisite rate and forward it to your state. Some do, some don’t.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.