Scandi Noir Recommendations...?

Just ticked that one off (both series). Worth a watch, but not the greatest… :thinking:

Now started on Sisterhood, on Netflix. Seems good… so far… :thinking:

2 Likes

I’ve been watching “Young Wallander” recently on NetFlix, kind of like a scandi version of “Endeavour” but more contemporary and think it’s a really good watch.

3 Likes

I have bought the first Wallander book to read, but not started it yet.
(Just finished The Ice Princess - by Camilla Lackberg.)

1 Like

Hope you enjoy, I’ve read most of Henning Mankell’s Wallender series and the original televised series with Kenneth Branagh I think do the books justice He’s been eclipsed by some of the newer authors who’ve clearly gone down a path he’s beaten out already.
I’m getting a little “Scandi’d out” now and have turned to the French for their take and been pleasantly surprised, though I understand that’s not a discussion point for this particular thread…

2 Likes

Well, I won’t say anything… Spriral is one of THE best (and its the longest series I have watched) - and that is French…!!!

4 Likes

No argument there IanRobertM! If it’s books you’re after, I can heartily recommend Pierre Lemaitre, his fictional detective Camille Verhoeven is excellent and the trilogy he features in are dark, violent, unpredictable and utterly superb IMHO. Why none have been made into films or a series I don’t really know, defo worth checking out.

1 Like

As I am polish , I saw a bit of interest seeing it. But yes, nothing great here.

1 Like

Located and added to my Watch List on eBay… :grimacing:
Thank you…!!!

1 Like

You are not French…??? :astonished:

I lived the first 8 years in Poland and my parents, mother now, are polish.
By identity card , french, by blood and native language, polish.

2 Likes

Spiral is great. Also useful for learning lots of French that you definitively can’t use on holiday.

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.