Screen Freeze Update?

My NDX2 is perfect now!

G

1 Like

Have you contacted Naim support? If not, please do so, and provide as much detail as possible. Thanks.

I contacted the importer here, is that enough or should I also report it to Naim directly. I use an Atom btw.

I would recommend you contact Naim support directly as they are keen to hear from anyone experiencing any screen freeze with current firmware.

Where do I report this?

support@naimaudio.com

Full contact details are here:

No more screen freezes on my NDX 2 after updating firmware to v3.3.1. Thanks Naim!
But I realized that the name of the title is not displayed anymore when the next track starts while playing an entire album from my NAS in FLAC format. Only the very first track name is shown when the album starts. Then the cover art stays on. This was different with the previous version.
Thoughts?

Hmm… hadn’t noticed that till I read your post but, having just checked, mine is doing the same.

I am sorry to complain again but there is another NDX 2 display related issue with firmware 3.3.1:
Sometimes the display does not show anything during playback. It is simply shut off, although it is configured NOT to shut off! After a power cycle it works as intended.
Thoughts?

I’ve had the same issue. My screened dimmed (on home screen) and did not refresh artwork when playing music. It happened twice last week despite power cycles. I’ve now set it to Radio 4 before putting on standby and it shows the logo ok after waking up and refreshes artwork.

Have you reported this to Naim support? Please do so if not, giving as much details as possible. Thanks.

Richard, yes I reported it to Naim Support.

1 Like

Screen freeze seems not to have been fixed. Why does it operate normally for a few weeks then freeze I wonder?

G

yep happening to me too, seems if I switch between albums in quick succession on Tidal it’s prone to freezing

Graeme, are you in touch with Naim support on this? If not, please do so, giving as much details as you possibly can. Thanks.

I haven’t been Richard as I thought a fix was in beta and due for release at some point?

G

I know that Naim would like to gather as much information as possible regarding any screen freeze experiences, so well worth contacting them.

OK, will do Richard.

G

Support say fixed with new software from a few weeks back and full reset so if you have not done that?..I had, and there’s still a problem.

G

Graeme, I’ve been in contact with Naim, and they have said that while the 3.3 release solved the vast majority of reported issues with 3.2, there have been rare cases that require a further fix, which will be released in v3.4 – this is currently in beta-testing. If you remain affected and want to try the beta, please let Naim know ASAP and they’ll add you to the trial.