Screen Freeze Update?

Yup. Screen freezing here, with the latest update, too. Both times it happened on HDMI, but that could be coincidence of course

Here it comes again. Screen freeze with new firmware 3.4.0 … (NDX 2).

1 Like

That will reset and clear the fault but it isn’t resolving the problem, which is that my £3000 Star has a fairly basic design flaw which appears to be beyond Naim to fix.

2 Likes

2 canoe…I had the same problems frozen screen for a long time used to close my ps and loading it (did reset)helps only for 7-10 days…now around a month and a half no frozen screen anymore

The screen freezes seem to be much more frequent with the latest update. Anyone else experiencing this regression?

1 Like

I just got the Nova, am up to date with all updates, and it still freezes every now and again. It’s frustrating as I upgraded from the Atom, which didn’t have this problem at all.

Just noted a screen freeze on my ND555.Have latest firmware

It would be a good idea to feed that info back into Naim support. Try to give them as much info as possible as to what was happening when the freeze occurred.

Will do Richard

Since buying the star I had the iniital unit returned to Naim for repair, the problem continued. Got a replacement Star, which was worse than the original one. Naim replaced it and so far it has frozen twice in about 3 weeks, which is an improvement but still not good enough I feel. Wondering what to do next.

Tempting fate but mine hasn’t frozen for a while. Naim support told me that the freezing issue was related to a certain range of serial numbers. When mine froze I was asked to insert a usb memory stick and then send them the contents of the stick, which was an info file. I’ve had no acknowledgement of them receiving or doing anything remotely but as I say no freezes!

I would stay in touch with support. R&D are trying very hard to nail the issue so the more info they have the better they are able to narrow it down.

Have a reply from Naim support.
They expect to resolve with next firmware update
Doesn’t seem to happen with all units
In the meantime can try a factory reset.
instructions given but then you would have to repeat set up process as when first installed
Not worth it for me especially since I have the screen off
I assume it doesn’t affect SQ to have it frozen

1 Like

Nice, did they say when we can expect it? The last firmware update, that was also supposed to fix it, actually made it worse. So it would be nice if the fix could come a bit sooner than they normally leave between updates.

1 Like

same issue with my ndx2 since the latest update

So far OK with my NDX2 since last update but no doubt declaring this on the forum will be the trigger.

G

1 Like

Knew I was tempting fate when I said my screen hadn’t frozen for a while. Frozen again and again sent “supportinfo” file to Naim. Hopefully they will acknowledge and let me have some feedback!

My Nova screen has been freezing up regularly stuck on the home screen. It’s on the latest firmware 3.4.0.

Just received last week brand new NDX2 with the latest soft, which so far has performed flawlessly, until the screen froze today on a certain album cover. Unplugging from mains for few seconds cured the problem. A bit annoid of course. Otherwise the sound and function is fantastic.

So is my Nova. Unplugging it from the mains for a reset has solved the issue so far. Not really happy with this solution and hoping for a fix at the next software update.