Screen Freeze Update?

I haven’t had a screen freeze but today I couldn’t get the screen to work at all, required a power off and back on again.

Why not email them with your software version and give them the information. Other than the Great Dane the guys at HQ are not browsing the site.

1 Like

I haven’t had a screen freeze on the ND555 since the update, which I did the day it was available,and was occurring roughly every 2 weeks prior

After many problems with my Unitistar which included the screen freezing, front panel and remote being unresponsive, a blank screen etc., it has been sent back twice to Naim. The first time they replaced the screen unit and few other bits. After a few months of continuing problems and waiting to see if firmware updates solved the problems it went back again in early December. Just before Xmas I was told it would need a new motherboard and that it would not be repaired until late Jan due the parts not being in stock. I am hoping that the 2 months of being without it this time, will result in a unit that functions as designed.

Thats an awful story…i hope they have loaned you a replacement?

3 Likes

I’m in no way being stupid here, but if Naim aren’t careful this SW / App / FW BS will turn into the 250 destroying litz speaker cable debacle of the past, not their fault but what if a 1000 users returned their products complaining? Because thats the experience for many 8-(

I’ve had screen / behaviour / app issues with all our current products including Unitiqute2, plus dead screen replaced, ND5XS2 freezing / losing response and now my Muso2 with random track playing and the “finding rooms” leading to rebooting everything till it works, We are constantly rebooting and shutting down as workarounds.

Not good.

Audio T Brighton have been very supportive and helpful with dealing with Naim throughout this sorry tale. Naim though haven’t contacted my directly this time, contact has been via my dealer, despite many previous email exchanges with them over the last year. However, despite my problems I do feel the support team has done their best to help in our email exchanges.

I think I would have requested a replacement unit, I had 3 Novas and the final one was rock solid

1 Like

After last firmware I still get frozen screen every each 10 days ,my dealer sent Naim asking them for solution,but didn’t get any answer,I’m waiting almost 3 weeks

Naim wrote to me ‘…hopefully this quarter…’.

Loving the sound so no big deal.

G

Me too…sound first but I also like the pic screen

Well, also suffering some eventual screen freeze and other minor bugs, let’s hope that these recurring problems will be resolved soon, well and definitively; but it doesn’t seem to be easy to permanently close the firmware and software cracks in the streamers line.

I think it will not resolve completely,maybe in the future their next streamer will be okey

1 Like

But that’s like the rule that “today you pay in cash, but tomorrow the deferred payment will be accepted”… But when tomorrow arrives, it turns out it’s always now today…

1 Like

Let’s hope for these streamers to be fix

1 Like

Keep the faith. It will be sorted soon. There is a lot of work going on behind the scenes.

Best

David

4 Likes

Uniti Star… screen freezes on played album (ripped). Naim support said it was known fault and was sorted with latest update (3.3) . Oh no it wasn’t!
Having to do a factory reset every couple of weeks is not my idea of a solution.

Another update is on the way for this persisting problem.

G

Yep, another update downloaded and my screen is still freezing! The shine is definitely going off Naim ownership!

Close your ND from stand by,close your ps,take out the powerline and wait for 10 minutes