Screen Freeze Update?

I tried a power re boot still no update available, will try again in a couple of days.

3.4.1(4513) is probably beta…

Ok that’s done, although I assume this is the same as the last beta. Funnily enough, after launching the update although the iPad showed that it was unable to find ‘rooms’ as usual during update, the screen on the ND555 stayed completely blank for about five minutes before I saw the first update screen. Let’s see what happens re screen freeze in this production release.

1 Like

I just experienced an issue with the screen on my NDX 2 again with fw 3.5:
After a short listening session during my lunch break, I left the unit on but did not play any music for about 3 hours. When I came back to listening NO album art came on, just a black screen. After switching to standby and on again, the screen worked as usual.
Has anyone seen this too?
I am wondering why it took me only 3 days to identify issues after extensive testing at Naim for months.

This may be some other issue at play. However, I’ve let Naim know and will await their response.

Perhaps you would like to join the Beta team? The more testers the better…

Thanks Richard. I already informed Naim Support about it.
I am in the Beta Testing group, but for some reason only got test versions of the Naim iOS app via Testflight, not streamer firmware Beta versions to test.

OK that’s great. They’ll need more info so if you give support as much info as possible that will be a big help.

While listening to music, the second day after the new firmware update, my Nova suddenly started an automatic reboot.

After the reboot the screen went black and I had to perform a manual restart in order to get the screen up and running again.

You have to keep an eye on the beta testing group in the forum. Each new beta firmware release is announced there with instructions on how to download and install it. Also that’s where you report your findings. You don’t get an email for firmware like with the IOS app because that notification is part of Apple’s system not Naim’s.

Best

David

Ok David, I must have missed that part. Thanks.

1 Like

When a new firmware version is available, you should see a small update icon appear in the top L corner of the app and on the L side of the Rooms screen. So if you miss the forum notification it shouldn’t matter.

Thanks for bring this to Naims attention, and for the work around (temporary i hope) on my NDX2. Have had this screen timing out issue since new, and was hopeful this latest upgrade would have remedied this. Otherwise, no issues with upgrade and enjoying the SQ upgrade.

Paul

Here it comes again. Black screen instead of cover art. It seems like this got even worse with the new firmware. The screen freezes with former version occurred “only” once or twice a week, the new issue seems to come up every day now. :frowning_face:

I just had another strange issue with my NDX 2:

While playing FLAC files from my NAS, the music had several short dropouts. Then the Naim logo appeared on the screen and the unit re-booted itself. Never saw that before …

Had exactly the same the other night but playing from Qobuz

I would strongly recommend getting in touch with Naim support. Tell them in as much detail as possible what you have experienced. It may well be something else that’s at play here…

So far since the new firmware has been installed, my Star has behaved perfectly. I admit I am very pleasantly surprised. However, I will wait a few more weeks before thinking all the issues are a thing of a past, but it is a promising start.

I did Richard.

OK, good.

Same issue here. Not systematic, but now and then, black screen on the ND555 for 3-4s before Art work would appear. It wasn’t the case before