Screen Freeze Update?

I just experienced a screen freeze on my NDX2 with latest firmware. Stuck on artist in a playlist. Clearing queue or standby didn’t clear. Had to unplug and reboot the NDX2.

Could you let Naim tech support know, giving as much detail as you can. Thanks.

I posted in the beta section with hopes one of the guys will pickup.

Don’t get me wrong … I don’t want to complain … I really support Naim and I will keep on doing this, but I also find it sort of embarrassing that 2 years after the introduction of the new streamers there are still these kind of issues …

I’m looking forward to the 272.2 however :wink:

1 Like

Lost hope…I experience right now frozen screen on my Nd555 after last firmware,I’m into your badly list

I’d rather have the frozen screen rather than the latest upgrade - random reboots…

1 Like

I have an atom and have also experienced blank screens yet music still plays. And no volume number level or ability to change volume via app

What`s wrong with the latest upgrade?

Tracks skip, freeze and then the streamers switch off and re-boot. See the Firmware thread.

Very weird…first time it’s happen to me,strange…I had screen frozen around four days already …didn’t bother myself to close my 555ps…to day I realised there is no screen frozen anymore…nd555 did reset by himself? Or the power in my house was shut down?

First screen freeze on 555 since software update. grrrr

Ah yes there is a thread for this. Had my first screen freeze on my Star today on firmware 3.5

And now it’s just rebooted itself whilst I’m sitting here watching it. Really and truely this is all getting to be too much. I can’t believe that for something that costs this much we still have screen freeze and now a firmware that is defective

3 Likes

I often get the blank screen after a period of streaming inactivity (Server or Tidal). In my case the display can be redisplayed by switching input to iRadio or Digital 2 (Connected to TV) and switching back to streaming. Don’t know if it helps folks here, but this quick workaround does the job for me.

I agree its been going on too long. Even though I own gen 1 streamers (272/UQ2) with no screen freeze us gen 1 users have the pending OLED screen failure with a costly fix, I feel the pain.

Have you reported these events to Naim Support support@naimaudio.com? I updated too soon to v3.5 as I was told it was a fix to the screen freeze problem.

Please contact Naim tech support about this, giving them as much detail as you can. Thanks.

Agree

FYI, its happening on my atom too (rebooting continuously) so you’re not alone. Absolutely infuriating. I’ve started a new topic because I think this issue needs it’s own focus. It can’t continue for another 6 months, the products unusable.

I wonder if in the future, Naim might not bother with screens … just like my ND5XS2 :grinning:

Unfortunately, the green display gave up on my first generation ND5XS (extremely dim and unreadable). Seems like the colour screens have their issues too :disappointed:

With the new ND5XS2, I definitely don’t miss the screen and the Naim App works great for settings etc.

Considering that I’m using it with the original Hugo, there seemed little point going for the NDX2… a screen “version” to use solely as a ‘transport’ wasn’t for me and not much point paying for something I didn’t need (colour screen … at more than double the price!)

The option for adding an external PSU didn’t influence me either.

When I’m ready to upgrade, I’m sure Naim will have released a newer model to add to their range of products… which incorporates their latest ‘know how’ :grinning:

1 Like