Serial number: 447525

I don’t understand what you mean? Sorry. You say that i noticed the humour?

It is an old joke by the English against the Australians. The English courts a long time ago decided that the newly found country of Australia needed populating with hardened British men to provide cheap labour. They chose to ship convicted criminals from the UK. Hence all descendants of these early pioneers are convicts.

3 Likes

Thanks, I didn’t knew that. :+1:

2 Likes

Britain first transported convicts from around 1600 onwards to the new colonies in the Americas, these were mostly the northern east coast areas & Canada. When the US Civil war started, transportation changed to Australia, and then to India. It was not limited to male convicts, it also included women & children.
British convicts were transported to work camps primarily to clear the land & build infrastructure, they were not prisons as such.

France transported convicts to penal (prison) colonies, the infamous one Devil’s Island in Guiana was the last to close in 1953.

1 Like

“ Bagne de Cayenne, Guyane “. From Wiki: After his coup d’etat, Napoleon III sent 3,000 political prisoners there[2], these were the “deportees”[3].

If the sentence of the convicts is more than 8 years in prison, they are given a piece of land to force them to stay in Guyana, they are then called “relegated”[3]. If it is lower, it is the “transported”[3

Could be a nice hotel today

1 Like

Sorry @frenchrooster it was a joke which the guys above have explained very well. :+1:

2 Likes

Almost perfect camouflage in front of a brick wall…

Not due to pub business problems I hope?

I sincerely hope you’re right having just pulled the trigger (or at least paid a deposit) on a new 500DR.

1 Like

Congratulations !
Most gorgeous piece of Hifi IMHO
Let us know how your 707s do with the better amp
David

1 Like

Thanks @davidf . I’m looking forward to it. I’ve not had chance to demo it and the dealer has offered it sale or return but is fairly confident it won’t be coming back.

My wife and I have sat listening to the current system over the Xmas break and have wondered out loud several times how it can get better….let’s see :grinning:

I might have bought your PS555DR @NigelB . I believe so. Might get it today or tomorrow.

5 Likes

Enjoy!

2 Likes

Ouch :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I just love the explanations thanks to @bruss
Did you really need that :joy:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.