Sexy hifi

agree for the end of your post. Nothing really more to say for this thread.

1 Like

I think FR is probably right - this thread has explored what I was trying to highlight. My final observation is to point out that, for me, for someone or something to be classified as sexy he/she/it has to be capable of provoking physical arousal (see how I’m trying to be modest and discreet here, so as not to offend HH!). A collection of mechanical and electrical bits encased in a metal box, or coffin like boxes will, thank God, never have that effect, certainly not upon me.
Using my logic it follows, as night follows day, that hifi should never be referred to as ‘sexy’. I think the author of the article in my OP got it absolutely spot on!

4 Likes

Went back and read the original post, I think it was all about the difference between a desirable something we would like to own and something that we would like to have carnal relations with.

1 Like

So do I .

Every gadget relies on its user interface. As I’m typing this on my touch screen iPad. There is some relevance to sexy here. Certainly the clunky buttons that were a struggle to operate that 1970s radio tape recorder - compared to the little glowing soft touch buttons with the green circle around it, that Naim use.
Sexy does suggest some initiative here, prompting a tactile touchy feely response from the user.
Some hifi are literally begging you to push their buttons.

4 Likes

Hmmm…

Ooh Matron

4 Likes

Especially at night, in a dark room…

2 Likes

I was going to ask if it responds when you push its buttons - but of course it does as long as you are firm enough with them, not just a very light tease - but do you find the response satisfying, e.g with the sudden change of source, or end of mute?

As is often the case, Joni has a song for that.

Love it - this is pure class. I didn’t know about this designer - I will look him up - just found the doc on the BBC. Thanks for this!

1 Like

What on earth is there about that which you like so much? It looks like the sort of thing you see thrown in the miscellaneous electrical skip at the recycling centre…

1 Like

sexy? Always nice curves on these babies

1 Like

what do you like so much for your Quad 22l made in China?

do you find it’s sexy to post such a system pics? your posted in system pics.
m

there are also anti sexy components, alias hideous…

This is their significant others right?

A real WINner in every respect

looks nice. Which turntable is it ?