Show us what's inside

Another interesting change in direction…
Something esoteric to study.

My Linn Troika at different stages during recent rebuild, at Goldring.

The cartridge is completely broken down, rebuilt, then reassembled.

The inside of a Linn Troika. Work in progress.

Thanks a million to the amazing David.
(Picture credits : David Giffin, Goldring)

18 Likes

Wowzer…!! Most interesting - thank you for posting these… :astonished:

2 Likes

Gosh - that’s a surprisingly crudely-finished lump of metal there.

This is the inside of my NAP140

2 Likes

Darran or @NeilS would probably know whether they’re pukka or not.

1 Like

Hi Conor,

Yes, they’re legit. The BHC version became obsolete I believe & these are the “Naim approved” replacements.

Regards
Neil.

2 Likes

Nice Blue… :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Thanks Neil! Getting conflicting intel from all angles! Used to seeing the black and gold.

1 Like

Merry Christmas everyone. It’s Boxing Day already down under. So there you go, I unboxed something. :joy:

Not my speaker, but going to have some fun fixing up this old one with a broken woofer.

2 Likes

I bought this Quad Artera Pre earlier in the year and the inside looks pretty neat and tidy.
QUAD-ARTERA-PRE-Review-3

2 Likes

An old classic…

5 Likes

Another classic…I think…

Technics RS-B555

That takes me back. It was finally replaced with a CDI which was superb.

1 Like

My Denon DP-51F turntable

2 Likes

Mine is a standard, CD-63SE. Most noticeable difference is the transformer, but I also spot some capacitor differences. This is still used in a bedroom system with a Nait 1. I tried it last night after swapping some speaker cables over. It still sounds remarkably good.

3 Likes

Inside my new, to me at least NAP 140 circa 1999.
No idea if it’s been serviced or not. Sold as not, and will be heading north in Jan to get it back to standard.
Any ideas from these pictures?

7 Likes

I am going to say its un-serviced. I read recently on here (?? - @NeilS) that BHC caps were discontinued some years back & replaced by Naim, with ANOther type.

1 Like

Where i was. The soldering in the first picture, on the NAPS140 board ( top left) didn’t quite look like the work of Salisbury! Where the caps connect to the board. But it could well be.

Unserviced. Old tentals and capacitor.

Well, i have some old boards for NAC32 unserviced with very ugly soldering. Sometimes this is not so clean… even from Naim.