Show us what's inside

Looks completely original to me.

Regards
Neil.

2 Likes

Thanks for the confirmation Neil. I’ll play with it for a bit and see how it sounds. Darran may have some business later.

1 Like

So its at best from 1988… But could be 1983… :thinking:

33 years or older… :upside_down_face:

Mine was serviced by Naim and this is clearly not the same components inside:

1 Like

Serial number says it is Orwellian. :smiley:

1 Like

I don’t think they would use the exact same capacitors etc.

Best get it re-capped… ASAP… :slightly_smiling_face:

Sounds good to me at the moment…

I was surprised that Naim used those make of 6800uF caps too. But if Neil says its original then it is. Which is good.

My 72/140 sounded bloody good too. Perhaps a bit bright, but good.
However after 22 years they have headed to Yorkshire today. Hoping to see them again in 10 days or so.
And then will begin the burn-in.

Top bloke is our Darran!

1 Like

In the above pictures, you can see the hardware modifications we make too. Note the breakout of the mains earth from the flex to route directly to the chassis, the safety sleeving/fuse cover and the separated heatsinks.

Regards
Neil.

2 Likes

Ah. I’ve not opened mine but the service receipt mentions a modified earth. That must be it.

@NeilS Are the hardware upgrades a recent thing? My serviced Nait 1 doesn’t appear to have them

Hi Richard, no, we’ve been doing them for at least 15 years.

Was your unit serviced at Naim?

Neil.

Hi Neil, not Naim directly but by an authorised agent

Ok. I don’t have any dealings with how information is communicated with our agents outside of Naim.
If you wish to investigate the issue, drop Mark Bonner a line at Tech Support & I’m sure he will look into it for you.

Regards
Neil.

And the CB Nait 2

And the music plays on…

6 Likes

I’ve been reminded that if you open up any Chrome Bumper or Olive kit, you do risk breaking or damaging the fascia, so please be very careful. The fascias can sometimes get very brittle as they age and most can no longer be replaced. Best bet - just don’t open it up.

4 Likes

Yes, they are very brittle Richard but if you lift slightly via the knobs/buttons and slide forward it only has less than 10mm to clear the case but the brittle edge of the fascia has to be treated with respect and put on a tea towel.