Show us what's inside

Can’t recall anyone posting the NAP250 DR:

16 Likes

One of my favourite Naim products is the NAT 101. Classic CB styling and that lovely analogue frequency display. It always amuses me that the display drum is made up of from the bottom section of a plastic measuring jug. Proper Naim :grinning:

(Photos found online)

5 Likes

I’m not sure if this is a genuine picture or not but i’ve always hankered after one of these - CD2. Looks like it has a really beefy supply over its baby brother - CD3.

3 Likes

Nicely constructed that one

One of my favourites inside the 250. Love the symmetry.

3 Likes

So that’s what mine looks like inside! Thanks!

1 Like

Some tuners are rammed inside with bits. Others are just a basic PSU section and a very basic tuner module. Most modules I’ve seen are bought in.
Did Naim make their own modules, or were they bought in from Tuners R us?

This is inside my NAT-05
The head unit is from ALPS & is the only ‘bought in’ radio specific part, the tuner PCB is Naim design & made.

6 Likes

Naim used their own modules for all but the very first NAT01s, as well as on NAT101s and NAT02s. On the NAT03 they used an ALPS head. On the NAT05, initially a Philips head, followed by an ALPS head when the Philips was discontinued.

1 Like

Interesting stuff. I remember a factory tour watching some products being wired up. I asked a lady “why did you just put a bend right there in that wire?” she said it was found to sound better. Attention to detail.

Great thread. Thanks.

This is the interior of my 1949 Bush AC11 valve radio. Still going strong and the dulcet sounds of the cricket commentary coming through the speaker this afternoon.

23 Likes

Now you’re talking…

Here’s my Rogers HG88 Mk2. I just love the wiring layout underneath…

14 Likes

Leben CS600

7 Likes

Elegance inside and out. A beaut.

I’ve disassembled mine and put in a new CPU (from four core to six) and RAM (16 to 64) and they are pretty great little pieces of design, albeit sadly getting a bit long in tooth, though I have no plans on replacing mine anytime soon.

That is neat, very nice

1 Like

Same here. I recently got a touchscreen working on it. Very useful when playing music via the optical out into my sn1’s dac.

It’s a tokamak fusion reactor. I used to work at the experimental fusion reactor, JET In Oxfordshire.

1 Like

I’ve just about given up on a ‘cheesegrater’ MacPro from 2007 or so.

That was also a great design. Not sure what to do with it, suspect it gets recycled if I can’t get it working again. Seems a shame.

My nap180 before service, love to see that naim logo on the transistors. Such lovely gear

5 Likes