Show us what's inside

I suspect this is a stock answer.

2 Likes

Am I the only one to see the red wire in the middle of the picture turned a bit dark … some overheating?

Think you might be correct. Good thing the photo was taken before service.

the original Krell 300i from 1995. Excuse my dust.
DSCN0893
DSCN0894
DSCN0892 DSCN0891 DSCN0890 DSCN0888 DSCN0887

4 Likes

The older Krell gear have always been impressive with neatly packed internals but sound quality isn’t as good as the Naim, imo. I tried the KAV-300i in my system many years ago. Impressive raw power for an integrated but the sound is unrefined and mechanical. It may be a great match with warm sounding speakers though.

Maybe, but my point was that there were shorter paths, using less cable. But some routes they bend the long way round.

My little Audiospace Mini 2 amp. Quite neat with the point to point soldering. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Mullard valves. That’s proper electronics.

Best

David

4 Likes

Mullard valves… made my knees weak… :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Here’s an internal of the Superline which I shot for Naim back in 2008. I don’t think they use it any more though. It’s pleasingly symmetrical inside :slightly_smiling_face:
I’ve not heard one in anger however, I wonder how it compares to my prefix?

6 Likes

Maybe some room for a DR module.

4 Likes

Is that not the ADC?

1 Like

Never heard any of the products but the build quality and wiring is top notch. GT Audio Tron Seven Reference

6 Likes

This is an unusual one, the Decapo Deva integrated amplifier. This was designed by the people who were working for Ion systems before they folded.

The amp was excellent and wasn’t embarrassed by a 202/200 that replaced it. I opened it up to take some pictures when I sold it.

4 Likes

A DIY 24bit/ 96kHz DAC with transformer (coupled) output stage

PSU for a Tango and Lundhal equipped DIY LCR phono stage

2 Likes

And signal part for the LCR Phono stage when it was build by me

2 Likes

A 6CB5A SE amp project

Bestueck14 Bestueck12 Bestueck8 Bestueck6 Bestueck4 Bestueck3 Bestueck1

2 Likes

A mono phono stage with adjustable cutting characteristics while build and tested

3 Likes

I was thinking on buying it , blindly. Finally took the Ear 912, but the Tron was on my top list . However not distributed in France.