Show us your ATCs

They are already connected thankfully. Just waiting until I’ve another pair of hands until I remove them from their boxes . My girlfriend away and all of a sudden everyone has a bad back :joy:. I’ll get the 40s packed up first and then I should be fine .

3 Likes

They must have changed that, at some point. Never mind not moving the 50’s by yourself, the 40’s are more than heavy enough. A 25Kg load is classed as a two man lift :blush:

Exactly, I’m gonna be patient for sure .

Pete, congrats on the speakers. Just be patient, with the 50’s and 40’s, your two weeks ahead of schedule. I usually leave units to acclimatise to room temperature, before using them.

1 Like

Green vibes from me, but sadly the 50s are just too big for my room, so I guess I’ll just have to slum it with the 40s. Hoping you have years of enjoyment ahead,

Roger

2 Likes

Thank you Roger , I’m squeezing the 50s in a little too but they were fine last time I tried them here .
There’s no slumming it with 40s for sure , a very good deal on the 50s and the impending price rise made the decision for me .

1 Like

Can’t wait to hear what you think @Pete.T
Looking forward to listening to mine now the weekend is here!

2 Likes

Thanks Jim , I’m itching to get them set up … have a great weekend .

Stunning speakers :wink: enjoy my scm40 passive took around 3 months to bed in when used at weekends. Careful placement was crucial I found 930 mm measured from tweeter to back wall gave a very deep soundstage :wink:

1 Like

My 50’s came in one box with the stands but they were not connected. I first put the stands on proper spot and then lifted the speakers on top of them. My dealer helped me.

Btw. There’s a thin layer of some kind of adhesive on the stands which provides better grip and connection between the stand and the bottom of the speaker. Remember to remove the cover tape (covering the adhesive) before lifting the speakers on the stands!

Enjoy the speakers! I updated from 40A to 50ASL also. You’re in for a treat.

2 Likes

Can we see them unboxed?

3 Likes

Thanks Patu, that’s really good useful advice. I checked and you are right , the stands aren’t connected so I will do as you advise . I’ve a friend who can help me early next week so I’ll have to be patient until then .

1 Like

My thoughts entirely… patience is wearing thin :joy:

1 Like

Well, in the meantime, you can update your profile :blush:

1 Like

I folks just reading this ATC post.
I am interested in auditioning the SCM40 (non active) at my naim dealers. I am also interested in auditioning the PMC twenty5.24i at the same time.
I am currently running B&W 805D3 via Supernait3 with HCDR from a NDX2.
Just concerned is my system up for this, my dealer thinks so. But will also listen with NAP on end for possible upgrade in future (I’m thinking trade in 250dr).
Anyone auditioned these both ?
Look forward to hearing your feedback
Thanks

Your Supernait 3 will definitely power the SCM40 . From experience at home and in dealers I would use at least a NAP 200 and preferably a 250DR if possible . I used to have passive ATC SCM19s with a Supernait2 , I added a 250DR and then realised what the 19s could really do .

2 Likes

As I’ve wrote many times, my first ATC setup was SN2 + HCDR with 40’s. Unfortunately, after updating to 40 actives, it became very clear that SN2 wasn’t up to the task of powering the 40’s properly. Actives were light years ahead in control, punch, authority… the sheer power of sound. In comparison the passives (even though I happily used them for almost five years) had been sounding softer, lazier and mushier. The difference was very obvious but I didn’t know this until I heard the actives. If you really want to go the passive route with ATC, invest in a very powerful power amp to take a proper grip of the rather hard-to-drive ATC’s.

5 Likes

38 Likes

Wow! Nice. Are you teasing us? How do they sound? I see you opted for the Chord Silent Mounts. Me too, but can’t comment on their effectiveness as they came at the same time as the speaker. I have the stand the other way around with the cross bar at the back of the speaker. That’s the way my dealer set it up, but not sure it makes a difference sound wise.

1 Like

Absolutely incredible thanks Jim , I’ve had a very busy day into the evening but first impressions are very good indeed after an hours listen . One Definite bonus is they give an improvement to low level listening . I’m listening to FIP Internet radio at the moment whilst I’m winding down and it’s very engaging . Overall everything has gone up a notch , I’ll have a proper listen tomorrow and report more .

Yes they are Chord Silent mounts that I’ve had quite some time . I bought them when I had PMC twenty23 on a problematic floating wood floor and they worked a treat . I now have solid floors but keep them as a neat solution and I’m sure they still do some good .

2 Likes