Show us your ATCs

Three systems only?

What about the 40 near the room corners? Any problems regarding the bass?

Not that I have noticed. Indeed if someone asked my recommendation for a £10k system it would be Nova and 40s, sounds superb.

The fourth and fifth systems haven’t got ATCs :grinning:

1 Like

The 40s and 19s are very similar size-wise, so perhaps the former may be acceptable, if not the 50ASLT,?

1 Like

The 40s and 19s are the same size, I think.

1 Like

40A and 19A share same outer dimensions. Passive 19 and 40 are very different in size since 19’s are standmounts and 40’s are floorstanding speakers.

1 Like

I know that, the reference for comparison was 19A’s

1 Like

Same cross section though so take up same space on the floor…

And same height. Same cabinets (externally) in fact.

Roger

I do like my SCM7s! I should probably have more amp behind them but they are in a tiny room so the Nait 5si is running at a nice sweet spot!

13 Likes

Is the Atom sufficient to drive the 7s? Curious, as I have wall mount 7s

19 Likes

No problem whatsoever. I find the belief that ATCs are difficult to drive somewhat overstated.

5 Likes

Agreed, I used to run my 40’s from a SuperUniti without issue

1 Like

Smaller speakers are generally not easier to drive than larger ones, and the SCM7s are a good example of this. They are less sensitive than the 11s, 19s or 40s, and I think you’ll get a lot more out of them with a more powerful amp than the Atom.

3 Likes

Here’s a picture of the 50a’s when I had them on demo, fabulous but just too much for the room…

16 Likes

Which Gaia reference did you use on Scm50 for the demo? The Gaia 2 here gave a bloated bass with the 50’s, nearly reaching their max load limit, may be it would have be another story with the Gaia 1 ranked for 100 Kg. Gaia 2 are working well with the 40’s.

That’s a shame, they do look handsome

I used the 2’s to good effect but have now moved on to the Townshend Podiums, they work really well in my room.
Gary

To be fair I have a tricky room (plasterboard with large gaps sucks the bass out of the room) and the 40’s only really came together when I added a Rel 512 sub.

Maybe in the future I could retry them with the sub but for now the 40’s are superb.

Gary

Totally agree Camlan.
My Atom drives my ATC SCM20SL’s perfectly - and up to as loud as you will ever need!