Show us your flowers 💐

It would be nice for this thread to become a place where members can share photos of their beloved flowering plants.

Let’s start with this beautiful iris:

7 Likes

Another iris:

1 Like

Alpen rose

4 Likes

And another iris too!

4 Likes

This is an Echium, i have seen them at roof top height in the right conditions. They seed vigorously, the bee’s love them……they flower on their third year……they like it warm. Great specimens in Guernsey where we first saw them. My garden in Colchester.

This is what they can grow to in the right conditions with 3 good growing years.

10 Likes

That’s a spectacular specimen. How many years did you have to wait for it to reach that size?

I am jealous. You have your own gardener :chicken:

2 Likes

We all do in the U.K😉

5 Likes

Even Swiss people will jealous Brits now…

1 Like

I’m afraid we inherited it, only purchased the property 2 years ago.
I suspect being located in a temperate rainforest in Coastal British Columbia likely helps.

Out my front door…
I just learned yesterday that house in the pic is for sale right next door. So if you want to live in the mountains…that tree could be yours!

2 Likes

What an absolute beauty and I like how you’ve paired it with what looks like a pink columbine. It’s also astonishing how big it can grow given the ideal conditions.

Here’s a close up of one of my columbines (I find the structure of the flower to be particularly interesting):

2 Likes

Love this time of year in the garden. Our Rhododendrons and Azaleas are out and the sent from the yellow azaleas is fabulous.
Next stop the Roses…

10 Likes

Your azalea is magnificent and I don’t think I’ve ever gazed upon such a huge specimen: it must be in excess of 50 years old. In addition your rhododendron looks beautiful.

Can’t take the credit, one left from the old garden before the last owners felled a lot of trees and mature shrubs. We have been trying to replace a lot of Rhododendrons and Azaleas since we bought the property a few years ago. Hit by late frosts this year on the larger trees unfortunately.

Nevertheless, you seem to be doing a great job of maintaining the garden and it is unfortunate that the previous owners where of the kind to raze that which took many years to establish. Warm wishes to you.

1 Like

No idea what it is.

4 Likes

No idea what this is either.

There is an app called PictureThis. It was developed using machine learning (a branch of artificial intelligence) and in collaboration with botanists. Take a photo and it may enlighten us to the mysterious plants that you have.

1 Like

I do know what this. I keep cultivating it, my wife keeps destoring it. :grinning:

2 Likes