Show us your flowers 💐

That scene looks wonderful.

1 Like

Thank you. I only have a small backyard, but I cram it with as many plants as I can - mainly acers, ferns and roses. On the plus side, the enclosed nature helps capture the scent of the roses.

1 Like

Hebe attracts a wide range of pollinators:

Wishing everyone a lovely day/evening :relaxed:

6 Likes

I really look forward to your excellent flower photography

Many thanks

1 Like

This is the first flower (about 10cm/4in in diameter) from Rosa ‘Peace’ formally known as Rosa ‘Madame A. Meilland’. The buds appear to be red but as they emerge a yellow colouration dominates with the outer petals tinged with pink on the extremities. The scent is divine and reminiscent of a ‘classic’ rose:

5 Likes

Not from this year, but 6th June 2018

4 Likes

The roses we planted last year are thriving more than we expected, a mix of ground planting and large pots.

7 Likes

‘Gertrude Jekyll’ top and ‘Boscobel’ bottom? Lovely scent with those roses.

Well spotted and you are absolutely right about the fragrence.

The second is Koko Loko which to me looks rather different to most roses and the fourth one is For Your Eyes Only.
The third one is a mystery to us - was with the house when we bought it in 1996. It has grown in three locations in the garden and is remarkably tolerant.

1 Like

Roses beginning to bloom. Some of the first.

9 Likes

And more this evening. A beautiful time of year.

7 Likes

Not mine, but a lovely sight (and sound with attendant swarms of bees!) in Lot, France.

3 Likes

Here is Rosa ‘Peace’ displaying an exquisite specimen (15cm/6in in diameter) with a more pronounced degree of variegation:

7 Likes

Every day brings more glorious roses!

6 Likes

This is Alstroemeria aurea (Peruvian lily) with an enormous flower spike (25cm/10in):

6 Likes

And also to you on this glorious evening

Tottering By Gently (no that’s it’s name and not my alcohol intake tonight)

A wild dog rose , from a walk to the farm shop last week .

Both of them bee friendly.

I have roses in the garden grown for scent and even one my dad planted (he died in '78) but these days my roses must be bee friendly.

6 Likes

Loving the pics of the roses. The month of June in England is wonderful.

One favourite of mine is ‘Lady Hamilton’ - beautiful orange rose (pictured here with ‘Sceptre’d Isle’ in the foreground). Fabulous scent. I don’t think David Austin sell them any more.

3 Likes

‘Golden Celebration’ with ‘Darcey Bussell’

4 Likes

I took some provisions round to an elderly lady who is not enjoying the best of health , so these are her roses not mine.

But they are Berkshire roses growing in Berkshire.

A quick look on the internet said that Berkshire roses were bred in Australia and then imported into the UK .

But it’s a lovely way for roses to grow

5 Likes

This is my favourite rose (in terms of coloration):

5 Likes