Show us your flowers ๐Ÿ’

Iโ€™m sorry to hear that, I know what you mean by aching bones.

Iโ€™m not a natural gardener, itโ€™s all trial and error with me, its taken me three years to realise that a Fatsia Japonica wasnโ€™t happy where it was, so I moved it and within two days, its ears had pricked up and it was wagging its tail.
The plants this year appear to be doing exceptionally well, oh include the weeds as well.
Lupins doing well.

Lady of Shallot standard rose looks and smells gorgeous.

I think this is Cow Parsley which I always used to treat as weed but last year, after seeing members photographs of their Cow Parsley, Iโ€™ve it let it flourish. Must keep control though.

10 Likes

It looks like a breakfast bar for pollinators

:honeybee: :honeybee: :beetle: :beetle: :lady_beetle: :lady_beetle:

2 Likes

First passionflower of 2024

6 Likes

May was unusually warm so midsummer roses are blooming early.

4 Likes

Yes with foxgloves coming through,very nice

1 Like

First rose โ€˜Rock & Rollโ€™ flower. I suppose it could be one of those love it or hate it things. I love it.

3 Likes

Sorry, not my cup of tea.

How about this:

2 Likes

Or how about this Helianthemum Rock Rose?

4 Likes

And hereโ€™s For Your Eyes Only a couple of weeks ago.

1 Like

We have a small garden and have limited the varieties of plants to those that we know do well on clay soil, which is wet in winter and bakes hard in summer. We are at peak geranium, with the peonies now coming out, and the roses too. The verbenas will be flowering soon; they are one of my favourite plants, but as they are so happy they self seed and we pull them out in their hundreds.

5 Likes

Lupinus King Canute.

6 Likes

More photos from Rock & Roll rose. The flowers change colour over the days and they last ages. Some of my other roses flower, then drop within a day or two. In this photo, the bottom right flower is the original one I posted. 5 days and counting.

And they smell great.

Seems like gaudy, stripy roses are the things to get into. Come on, let your real self out.

8 Likes

First Dahlia of the year, Hollyhill Jitterbug.

4 Likes

Roscoea cautleyoides โ€˜Kew Beautyโ€™

5 Likes

This triffid sprang up, so we left it to see what it wasโ€ฆa rather dominating but beautiful Peony Poppy apparentlyโ€ฆjust lovely and the bumblebee(s) like it.

But how best to harvest the seeds so we can have it next year in a position we choose (corner most likely - the wood figure has now moved)?

4 Likes

We do just as you sayโ€ฆโ€ฆwith the seedsโ€ฆโ€ฆbut mother nature knows better, they just appear when and where they like๐Ÿ‘

3 Likes

Dahlia Formby Art

4 Likes

Dahlia Ryecroft Raspberry

4 Likes

Dahlia Sorbet

3 Likes