Show us your flowers ๐Ÿ’

The small birds could have also stopped visiting after the plants grew above the bath because it would have provided cover for other predators such as cats. They are cautious by nature and survey the area to assess whether it is safe.

1 Like

I think that the plants may have established because they were living in pots before. I grew to disbelieve experts who said pot gardening is easier, they still need weeding, daily watering, top refreshing each spring.
You only see the first half of the garden, past the pyracantha are the pots, five compost bins, the wildlife woodpile and two sheds. I have been pruning and there is probably a days worth of shredding to do.
All the gardens shown are places I would enjoy. For the past year we have really missed our NGS visits (and the accompanying tea and cake) each Sunday.

We all need to start from somewhere and a journey of a thousand miles starts with the first step :relaxed:

1 Like

Tree medick:

1 Like

My latest David Austin rose has fully opened today, this is called Louise Odier.

5 Likes

Another David Austen rose. Darcey Bussell I believe.

6 Likes

Another of my David Austin roses, this is called Graham Thomas who I believe was a rose grower himself and a friend of David Austin. This one suffers from black spot.

4 Likes

My mother always said โ€œA rose is a weed if itโ€™s in the wrong placeโ€ and vice versa

2 Likes

She must be a wise mother who liked to keep an immaculate household. Warm wishes to you :relaxed:

1 Like

more Echiums in southern Hampshire:

Couple of seedlings given to me several years ago, by a friend from work. The current crop came from the original pair.

3 Likes

Very niceโ€ฆโ€ฆtaller than our one this yearโ€ฆโ€ฆthough we have some that will flower next year. They seed profusely and pop up everywhere.

1 Like

Ours must be the โ€œPortsmouth variantโ€ :laughing:

Very good

Those are are tall flower spikes, lovely. I first saw these flowers in the walled garden at Burton Agnes Hall when I was attending the annual Jazz Festival held there.

A few years ago, I built a pergola and Iโ€™m still trying to grow plants up it, a vine and three climbing roses.
The latest plant is a Wisteria, called Amethyst Falls a native of North America itโ€™s not invasive like the Chinese or Japanese version.

I ordered mail order and when the plant arrived it looked like a dead stick. I planted it adjacent to a leg of the pergola, convinced it was dead but lo and behold it burst into life. It even has two flower buds.
The first is the dead stick.

There is life.

2 Likes

Would anyone know the name of this plant? It is over 3 metres (10 feet) wide:

3 Likes

I find it interesting that some species wrap around clockwise and other species anti-clockwise.

1 Like

My guess is Hebe.
Do you get lots of bees and butterflies on it?

1 Like

Yes, thatโ€™s what Iโ€™ve learnt, this is going anti-clockwise.

I believe you are right, it is a Hebe according to the numerous photos I have just cross referenced. You have my gratitude.

In addition, like you mentioned it also attracts a wide range of different pollinators but I have not noticed any feeding butterflies yet. Warm wishes to you.