Show us your guitars!

He has Lasers…!!!

I will stick to building Partscasters. Less hassle, by far.

Agreed - and the patience that would require is WAY out of my league.

1 Like

I have progressed to where I can deal with pretty poor Fender style bodies and make them decent and/or interesting. I try to avoid the CY necks - the Made in Indonesia ones are far better, in my view.

A bit rough -

Finished -

This Squier Tele body is actually a 5 piece, probably CY - that now thinks its a Strat…!
Got a Squier CY neck on it, currently. But an Indonesian one is in stock, to go on instead… soon.

5 Likes

Imma embarrass myself - what is CY?

1 Like

Deleted, please remove.

1 Like

Sorry, missed this - but @Chocky has correctly replied.

The codes for the Squier Indonesian necks are IC or ICS - Indonesia Cor-tek (Cort).

More here -

Squier Neck Codes

All about Brian May’s Red Special. Nothing ‘new’, but a good, watchable summary -

Here is my Squier RS Style Strat. Similar switching, with pickups in series -

Yes, thats an ICS Cort neck. Pups are Wilkinson ceramics - Burns Trisonics were too much and an awqward size to fit.

1 Like

I think I have previously posted, but I have a Franken-Strat (MIM body and neck) as well, with the Tri-Sonic pups specially made to be Strat-sized, but I can’t find the damn pics right now.

1 Like

I looked at the Mini Tri-Sonics, but a set was about £200 - ?
I am not sure they are still available now, either…?

Out Of Stock.

I can’t recall what I paid; they came in the pre-done pickguard. I have looked again for pics and have no flipping idea why I can’t find them.

PS. My ‘logic’ for buying thw Wilkinson ceramic Strat pups was that their construction was sort of similar to a Burns Tri-Sonic - much more so than a ‘proper’ Fender Alnico pup is.

My understanding is that the Burns pups were made in a similar way to other European pickups, at the time - with a separate, flat wound coil, fitted around a central bar magnet.

Here is the original install I did on an off-brand Strat before I converted over to the Fender body/neck.

2 Likes

Nice. Mine has 3 position switches - In Phase - Off - Out of Phase. Yes, the wiring was fiddly…!!!

My Tone and Volume are not reversed as the RS is. I tried that and found it confusing… :crazy_face:

A new addition to the pedalboard today……Marshall Guv’nor 60th Anniversary Edition. Amazing. Gary Moore Jimmy Page Angus Young in that box (but not with me playing🤣)

Was lucky to get it. Waiting lists everywhere for them.

8 Likes

I have the same tuner pedal! I saw Walter Becker using a 200 and figured if it was good enough for an uber gear head like him, a 300 would suffice for me.

As Robert Fripp often says… ‘Bollo£$s…!’ :rage:

New neck (Squier Affinity, ICS, Maple, 22 fret) fitted to my Tele-Strat body.
But Tuners from previous neck don’t fit… :slightly_frowning_face:

Correct tuners are now on order from eBay. Rebuild/restringing is on Pause… :expressionless:

2 Likes

I can recommend the Fender locking tuners - very good performance and VFM.

1 Like

You should have sent a message Ian, I’ve got a couple of sets of those kicking around in the parts bin……… I think!

1 Like

@DrMark @IainW - I have a set of 6 of the correct Squier Tuners (2 pin, not 1 pin) on order already.

No messing around here…!!

PS. I do not expect any problem in moving the previous Neck - and its Tuners - onward, in due course. But only once I have got the 2nd neck all working.

1 Like

Ok, my lovely Martin acoustic got a showing last time.
Now for my main gigging and recording bass guitar.

This joins my Rickenbacker 4003s bass for gig duties.

Just finished mastering new album which has been an exciting and nostalgic journey.

All being well, release in a couple of months.

4 Likes