Show us your guitars!

For an amp to just use in my home…maybe play along with the hi fi…it’s definitely the right size.

Ive learned the hard way what happens when you get “too much” amp.

1 Like
2 Likes

Very, very unlikely. Given his … history… :thinking: :neutral_face:

1 Like

A lot less than this…

3 Likes

:crazy_face: That’s madness.

Assuming yours is a Fender then I know they are a bit more than a Squier… :expressionless:

So… about C$300 then…? I mean… its not new, is it… :thinking:

1 Like

Practicing the classical guitar is a part of my daily life for many years. I own two guitars, one with spruce top and Brazilian rosewood back and sides, the other one has a cedar top with satinwood b&s. Both guitars have been built in Florence, one by the wonderful Andrea Tacchi, the other one by his son Giovanni who is a distinguished luthier on his own right now. The tone of both guitars is to die for. As to the repertoire I dedicate most of my practicing time to the music of J.S. Bach, most of all to the lute suites, the cello suites and the sonatas and partitas for violin solo. Most of these pieces are quite difficult and for every guitarist a challenge for a life time. I also play a lot music composed by Francesco Tarrega, who is for the guitar what Franz Liszt is for the piano.

11 Likes

That’s wonderful…good for you!

1 Like

This YouTube channel is very Guitar centric - and has interviews with a LOT of great guitarists. Latest one is with Nuno Bettencourt -

https://www.youtube.com/@KylieOlsson/videos

1 Like

Just posted this in the Awesome YouTube Thread. But… its got Jimmy Page - with first, his Dragon Tele, before he painted the Dragon in it - and his Vox 12 string. I have seen these like this before… :astonished:

And here… is the Dragon Tele -!!

3 Likes

Steve Hackett, shows off… :astonished:

2 Likes

17 Likes

Looks quite pretty… :slightly_smiling_face:

So… is it special…?

Well I think it is anyway🤣

2008 R9 in VOS Sunrise Teaburst. Seymour Duncan Skinnerburst pickups.

4 Likes

I think teaburst is one of the best Gibson finishes.

1 Like

Drinks are on mr. Knofler tonight. Crazy money paid, smashed the estimates. The 59 went for 693k (plus add ons).

1 Like

Just heard it reported on BBC R4 PM. Wow…

The total colletion went for £8,843,940

Money For Nothing, you bet

1 Like

My current setup……

8 Likes

Brian May with Rick Beato -

(this is a short version - there is a link to the longer version)

2 Likes