Show us your guitars!

My first Strat since I was a teenager. Fitted with one of those fancy Vega Trems which is actually amazing, so smooth and so much movement. I love it.

8 Likes

Nice. That was not cheap…!!

Not seen that pup combo, before. Interesting.

I have H-H pups on one of my Squire Partscasters (with Coil Splitting, via a 5 way Superswitch).

5 Likes

Nice! Like the punk vibe. SSH is actually a pretty common Stratocaster pickup combo. The actual guitar pre mods is this one Fender FSR Player Stratocaster HSS Black Ebony Fingerboard | guitarguitar

My buddy put a Vega Trem on one of his guitars - he really likes it.

1 Like

Yamaha SG1000 from 1982. This is very similar to the more well-known SG2000 that was used by many UK guitarists back in the day.

10 Likes

The guitar is wonderful. Not sure though about the loo seat. :smiley:

3 Likes

Well played Sir :slight_smile:

Many artists have thought up their best work sitting on a toilet seat

Eric Crapton is a fine example along with Loo Loo and Cistern of a Down.

2 Likes

And the Canadian prog rock band Flush

2 Likes
1 Like

For all fellow guitarists and gear nerds, if you have Prime Video, take a watch of Ampire: The Sound Of Music.

I did a couple of updates to the strat in the form of a new pickguard (I didn’t really like the none more black look) and Schaller Locking Tuners and in the process I discovered it has Suhr pickups! I’m well happy.

6 Likes

I visited the newly opened Gibson Garage in London yesterday. It’s their first Garage outside of Nashville and it’s bloody awesome. A pilgrimage for guitar geeks.

You can play any guitar in the store and there’s no pressure to buy anything. Just as well as I played the £20,000 Greeny vintage reissue from Murphy lab. An amazing guitar with that unique middle position out of phase Peter Green sound. It’s the only one in the UK apparently in advance of a limited production run from Gibson.

Well worth a visit if you’re in London.

12 Likes

I have booked a trip to London with a mate especially to visit the GG! Thanks for the pics :+1:

2 Likes

Whaou… Amazing place !

Tim Pierce, on Steve Howe -

3 Likes

Possibly the most underappreciated and underrated guitarist in modern rock music.

1 Like

I went to see Yes in 1998 for their “Open Your Eyes” tour. I was 18 years old and had been playing guitar myself about 4 years or so at that point. A good friend of mine’s dad, who was easily the best guitar player that I knew at the time, said to me “after you’ve seen Steve Howe play guitar, you might never pick up a guitar again, he’s that good”. Luckily I did keep picking up my guitar, but wow, what a phenomenal talent.

Thanks for sharing the video. I suspect this weekend I’ll be listening to some Yes!

1 Like

You are welcome. Not an SH fan here… but can admire good playing…!!