Show us your guitars!

Setzer Model is a great guitar !..…a little different to the WF though ……TV Jones Pickups and a solid centre block ……I am considering changing the PUPS on mine to TVJ De Armond style single coils for maximum twang!!!

1 Like

Yeah, that is one that got away, but situational finances dictated something had to go. It was a lot of fun and very comfortable to play.

9 Likes

Fender piggy back Bassman, Roland RE-201 and away you go ……fabulous !!!

Alternative pic with Tru Arc bridge which I actually prefer to the Melita, although the Melita is a work of art, and preceded the Gibson Tune o Matic.

Bigsby is the Chet Atkins version ….the arm can rotate through 360 deg which is much friendlier than the standard fixed travel version ….

I didn’t fancy/couldn’t find an original Fender Bassman so I bought one of these new instead….great amp, heavy !!!….and loved by Albert Lee …

9 Likes

Visited No2 son at place of work and spotted the stores background sound systems

5 Likes

Mega Like :smiley:

On our recent trip to London my pal bought the only Mesa Mk5 in England.

1 Like

British classical guitarist Alexandra Whittingham literally found her first ever guitar at a thrift shop for £1 and bought it - amazing what she can do even with an undersized piece of crap guitar.

7 Likes

Fender Precision Bass, 1966

6 Likes

They sound better with strings :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Depends who’s playing them… :wink:

4 Likes

I thought I had finished buying guitars having a small but curated few. Just added a small holiday/travel guitar so that the expensive ones can stay home safe, a Taylor GS Mini. It’s rather good…

14 Likes

The GS Mini really is rather good, had mine since they launched. Often reach for it over the others because of the size and general comfort. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do mine.

3 Likes

13 Likes

Nice LP there… Could it be something… special, maybe…?

Thanks. Yeah it’s my 2008 R9 in Sunrise Teaburst with Seymour Duncan Skinnerburst pups. Roars like a bloody lion🤣

IMG_7955

11 Likes

Ah… I thought it might be a Page guitar. Never mind, still quite nice. And way beyond my finances.

Talking of Page guitars…

1 Like

I just sold my GS Mini, but have nothing but good things to say about it. Had to part with something to keep the Bedell above, although the Bedell costs about 5 to 6 times more.

With a request for forgiveness to @Clive, I had to sell my ES-335, but replaced it with this more budget friendly option. A 2004 Epiphone Sheraton, built in Korea:

I put on a new stop tailpiece and added a roller bridge, and have bought some Seth Lover pickups for it, and all new pots/switches/jack, as well as a new nut. Was going to add new tuners, but early returns on these stock ones are quite positive - so I will just replace the buttons. (Bad thing about gold hardware is is ALWAYS tarnishes over time, even if it’s a case queen.) Going to outsource the wiring job, because doing it on f-hole guitars with no rear access is a royal PITA.

11 Likes

You’re forgiven. You get a lot more bling for your money with an Epiphone that’s for sure.

1 Like