Show us your headphones

Admit it, you had a post waiting and you were watching and waiting for post 999 :wink:

Nice looking combination!

2 Likes

Thanks!
I got this pair second hand from a shop near Roma. I hope you can find a good deal soon :smiley:

1 Like

I’m interested to see what the new focal wireless headphones will be like.

3 Likes

The beautiful Sennheiser IE 900 just arrived.

13 Likes

What these like Rafael, have you listened to many other alternatives? :+1:

I had the IE 800 and have other good headphones, but the IE 900 are special. For the first time I feel my IEM disappear.

I was curious because of some very positive reviews, but a bit worried because of the price. After listening a few hours I think the price is justified. I just need to keep them 10 years.

By far the best I have experienced.

5 Likes

They look attractive. But reading further they won’t work wirelessly with my Atom HE (and in any case I have Focal and ZMF wired headphones.)
I could use them with my phone to listen in bed I suppose. I’m guessing the next generation of Atoms will include wireless streaming. I’m old-school and don’t have any wireless headphones as I think wired probably still have the edge unless you go for top end IEMs which I’ve never tried. I see the really top end IEMs are wired too.

1 Like

Wow! I see that Sennheiser’s consumer division has been sold to Sonova, a medical hearing solutions provider. You might consider buying some spare cables and any replaceable parts if you want to run these for 10 years. But they are elegant and doubtless sound terrific. Sennheiser have always stood by their products so perhaps they will ensure continuity ao parts and servicing.

2 Likes

Apparently the cable is the same for IE 300, IE 600 and IE 900, at a cost of 50 CHF only.

If I manage 10 years, this beauty will cost me 40 cents per day.

A bargain.

2 Likes

Excellent news! I’m sure you will enjoy them.

1 Like

Deleted, please remove.

8 Likes

I am still loving my Focal Elears a year plus in. I have an upgraded AF Audio cable and use them mainly with an AudioQuest Dragonfly Cobalt DAC.

They died after 5 months and were sent to Focal, where Naim repaired them and they have been great since. No idea why they died in both ears and my trust of them is a bit lower but here’s hoping they last for many years with no issues.

4 Likes

I bought a pair of Dan Clark Stealth’s on monday. They turned up yesterday afternoon - no cable in the box! To be fair to Hifonix, they got the cable to me first thing this morning :+1: Playing them now and very good they sound.

8 Likes

I had the same problem with my Elears, seemingly a driver problem failing in some of the first batches, affected the Elears and Utopias. Focal increased the warranty to 5 years to accommodate this. My set have just come back from Naim with two new drivers.

1 Like

I would be very interested in your findings on the Stealths; they have been getting some good press so would be good to hear what you think.

1 Like

Hi Paul, i’ve have listened to them twice before buying. I prefered them to the expanse, but that was more due to a weight thing (the expanse just seemed a bit to light for me). I would say that they are better at portraying detail retrieval then my Utopias and have a lightness and airyness that i like. The Utopias might be a bit more hard hitting, but the primary reason for the change was i started to find the Focals a bit uncomfortable if wearing them for a long time (particularly in the earcups) and the Stealths seem far more comfortable in that regard.

1 Like

Many thanks & thanks for the Utopia comparison; this is what I have so any comparison against these is particularly relevant. That is quite something if the Stealths are better at portraying detail retrieval than the Utopias - now added to my ‘should listen to list’. Also interesting that you preferred to the Expanse as well. Thanks once again.

1 Like

How are the IE 600s? I’ve been thinking of getting a set. They remind me a little of the Shures in their form factor.

I am hoping it does not happen again for them - they last about 6 months before failing in both ears :cry:

I bought a pair of the Focal Clear MG as a replacement, got a 5 year warranty, need to sell on the Elears now they have been repaired. For the money the Elears are great, I don’t think the same problem will repeat it seems it was the early batches that had faulty drivers.

1 Like