Show us your headphones

I did order in December when waiting time was about two months…right when war started…
After Feb24 I received messages from time to time, Sasha was very kind to keep customers up to date while he was leaving Kharkiv to bring his family to Poland.
He then returned to Kharkiv and resumed the production… When I ordered the headphones I did not mind if those were from Ukraine or any other place in the world, now I am proud that these are coming from Ukraine and born under very hard times…

1 Like

Hi Peder,

That’s totally fine! Enjoy the good weather, but don’t forget to listen to your system haha

Take your time, thank you!

Greetings,

Nick (from NL)

1 Like

Here’s a neat feature of the mk4 Sony’s, they can also be used as an analog wired set of head phones. Nearly 50 years separate these 2 Sony products

Apologies, another quick one from me…Trying them with my ever so fragile D88

9 Likes

Don’t you just love it,
your on public transport and someone close has a pair of these on… I’m sure they have fitted the speakers on the outside!

3 Likes

Today I added a Focal Elear to my headphone collection. That is one excellent headphone in combination with the Atom HE. :headphones:

The Philips X2HR is excellent, but not after hearing the Focal. :upside_down_face:

And the fully closed Sigva SV021. I love how it looks and how it sounds. Still. :slight_smile:

The Focal is the clear winner of the bunch, but they are all enjoyable.

BR,
Richard

20 Likes

I have the Elears with the HE, great sound and value.

3 Likes

Yes, the focal/Naim pairing is very promising. It’s like feeling home. I’m saving for focal headphones at the moment.

I listened to most of them at the Arnhem dealer.

3 Likes

My dealer took the Elears, in excellent condition, as trade in. If you look at Focal headphone range you will notice they bring out new models frequently with the replaced models often being an excellent purchase, new or ex demo. Often the changes to the new model is not that significant.

3 Likes

Very likely the same dealer where I got my Sivga from. And the Audioquest Niagara 1200. And the Dynaudio Contour S 3.4 LE. And… Need to stop here. My wife might be reading this as well. :joy:

2 Likes

Here we go… headphones from left to right: Focal Stellia, ZMF Auteur, ZMF Eikon, and Focal Elear (since sold). All amazing pieces of gear, and I consider myself extremely fortunate to own any of them.

19 Likes

Nice headphone stands, too :slight_smile:

1 Like

Get some sort of handband cover for the Focals. Got mine from Amazon for about £10.
The handband on the Clears is light gray. Without a cover, it’ll likely be manky dark gray in a few months.

1 Like

This is how I entered the HiFi world :smiley:

18 Likes

I bought the Topping A90, it is really excellent with my Focal Clear, well above the headphone output of my 272 and better than many much more expensive amps according to a lot of reviews… I find it very close to a Benchmark HPA4 that I listened to not long ago with the Clear.

2 Likes

18 Likes

Hi Intune.

Are you still using the Weiss 501? If so what’s the headphone amp section like?

Best

Popeye

Sonus Faber pryma

16 Likes

The headphone section is very good. Better than many stand alone headphone amps. It will struggle a bit with the harder to drive Planars. I use LCD-5’s and Meze Elites to great effect with them. They can still strive Susvara and Abyss 1266’s, but not to where they should be (would recommend a speaker amp for those). Hope this helps

1 Like

A Spirit Lab Radiante :+1:
Great headphones, heard them at some fairs but still cannot afford them, we’ll see…
Greetings from Torino :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Oohh, 1000th post, lucky me.

Meze 99 and Topping L30.

12 Likes